Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking a fellow slug out: A question...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asking a fellow slug out: A question...
    Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 11:14am
My question to you, oh wise and sage (is that redundant?) Slugging Community, is this:

Is there EVER a situation where one slug could ask another out, even if they only know each other well enough to say "hi" while in the slug line, or should I not even consider it?

(I'm leaning towards "no," incidentally)
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 11:19am
Capital El O Ess E arr
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 11:28am
Isn't that how most people ask each other out anyway?? When you only know someone enough to say hi? That's kinda the point, to get to know someone.

Is there a situation for it? I'm sure there are plenty of situations happening everyday. Is it appropriate? Questionable. Is it ballsy? Heck yeah...

If you're gonna do it IN the car, you might wanna wait till the end of the ride and spare yourself any prolonged awkward silence if you are rejected.

If you're gonna try to do it while standing in line, you better REALLY like the person to withstand the potential public humiliation if rejected.

Good Luck!

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 12:09pm
I wouldn't. [B)]
Mrs. SluDgE would rip my liver out! [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
SJS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 1:03pm
There was actually a case of a couple who met in the slug line and later got married. Reported a few years ago in the FreeLance Star. Go for it!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 1:11pm
I've done it, it's worked for me. But make sure you get to know the person first, and find something in common so that you have a reason to get her number before you part ways.

Don't ask for the number during the ride. Wait till one of you has reached the destination. Even better if you both of you have the same destination. It would be awkward if one of you got off first, and you're still asking for a number, but the driver has to get going. Don't expect the driver to wait!

It would be best if you were driving and she looks at you while exiting the car, still talking to you after a nice long conversation during the entire ride. I'll let you make the judgment whether you can ask her for her number or not.

And remember: Always allow a woman an exit path before you trap her and make her uncomfortable in any way!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 1:27pm
Also, carry around a business card. If all signs are positive, consider giving her the business card as you part ways.

If she wants, she will call you. If not, she will toss your card into the trash can around the block. End of story. :)
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 2:20pm
Thanks, Baz. That was a helpful and mature response. I am grateful for your input. You have changed my life.
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 2:30pm
LOL dating slugs :) I would go with ShahedC advise, you only have one life to live and the worse that can happen is rejection and if that happens, move on to the next slug. LOL.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 2:37pm
Call me dense, but I couldn't make sense of Baz's response at first.

Carleric, ignore baz, he's just trying to denigrate you so that he can feel better about himself. Take a chance and go for it!

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic