Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-395 SHUT DOWN!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalanche22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 4:25pm
Flatulentsluggerhugger you such a 'D' Head. We use slug-lines.com to get info to other sluggers and you being a A**. Go in a corner and play with yourself.
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 4:37pm
Well I made it home 5 minutes ago and man was that commute quick. Anyway, avalanche22, I'll toast to you when I'm enjoying my Pina Coladas in about an hour at the Red Moon Saloon(BEST DANG PLACE TO GET THE LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 4:41pm
i guess drivers don't usually pick up sluggers when the HOV restriction is lifted..??? even out of the kindness of their hearts?
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2005 at 9:34pm
I sure hope nobody took the regular lanes.

It took about 10 minutes longer than usual in HOV. I actually think the hybrids outnumbered the other SOV's!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 7:59am
PanaRican,
Considering it took me $82.00 to fill up the pick-up Monday, no I don't pick up slugs if I don't have to.

koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 9:30am
Thank you to the drivers that did pick up yesterday! It was oh so kind and we all appreciate it!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 10:01am
You're welcome.

I can see one potential side effect of rising gas prices: more formalized carpools. Incidents like yesterday probably would have caused less angst in some slugs had they been in committed carpools. I used to carpool and used slugging as my backup. Wouldn't have missed my carpool yesterday for anything.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 10:03am
took me about 10 minutes longer than usual to get home...stayed in HOV all the way
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 10:51am
I saw many drivers picking people up, even though they didn't "have" to. In fact, my commute was exactly as it always is; had I not known about the problems I would not have noticed.

How sad that many drivers only look out for themselves, and not the good of the slugging community as a whole. I hope no one got stranded because drivers didn't "have" to pick riders up.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 11:40am

How sad that many drivers only look out for themselves, and not the good of the slugging community as a whole. I hope no one got stranded because drivers didn't "have" to pick riders up.

How pathetic! Maybe some of you poor oppressed full time slugs should think about tipping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic