Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-395 SHUT DOWN!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 11:52am
I am inclined to agree with 122582, the gesture of offering a tip to help on the gas would be appreciated.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 12:14pm
That was a great contributions to slug (riders) yesterday. Even though HOV restrictions were lifted, drivers still came by the Pentagon to pick slugs up. Whoever picked me up, thank you for your time and effort.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 12:25pm
My ride home was only about 10 minutes longer than normal and I did pick up slugs at the Pentagon. Three to be exact. I don't only look out for myself when restrictions are lifted!!
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 12:56pm
122582, I am certainly not telling you that you SHOULD pick people up when you don't have to. Obviously. I am glad that there were enough selfless people out there to get us home. I am grateful every day for every ride I receive.
Why is that $82.00 you paid for gas relevant? It would have been that much slugs or no, right?
And we've covered the tipping issue ad nauseum on here. We're each getting something out of this - we EACH get to work quicker. That's why I personally don't tip (although I almost did yesterday to express my thanks to those who went out of their way to help others...).
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 12:57pm
I almost took three but it was still early. My only comment to my riders was "I brought two of you in this morning so I am darn sure going to drag two of you out now".
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 12:59pm
122582 is one of those people who don't use A/C and do all the no nos drivers can do!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 1:36pm
"almost did"? What up wid dat?

Try using that with your spouse or dating partner: Hon, I almost bought you a gift on our anniversary, but I thought about it and that's just as good, right?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2005 at 1:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]What up wid dat?

What's up with that?
avalanche22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalanche22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 12:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]PanaRican,
Considering it took me $82.00 to fill up the pick-up Monday, no I don't pick up slugs if I don't have to.

Well I guess 122582 you should take the regular lanes in the morning. Let turn it around, you slugged in that morning. what would you have done. Would you be mad if drivers say 'The hell with a slugg I'm heading home solo' Come on now. You sitting on the corner and you don't get a ride. Treat others the same way you want to be treated.

FYI: I have a Avalanche and putting 50 + dollars is the normal for me. But you decide to drive your truck into work and you got there early that morning with little or no traffic. So don't b*tch about gas when you get to work 2 times faster than others in the normal lanes. If you feel like slugging is beneath you then jump in the normal lanes and get to work when you can.
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 3:01pm
As I rounded the corner to my normal pick up area at Lenfant to Horner I told myself that if there is anyone standing out there and ready to jump in I would pick them up. And at 3:15, 2 people were already waiting. So in they came and the first question..."You guys know of a different way to get home?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic