Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Margo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2002 at 11:41am
6:30pm makes alot of sense, particularly since the time that the HOV lanes have been extended so far past Springfield. Someone told me that initially when the HOV lanes stopped at Springfield, the HOV lanes were in effect until 6:30pm, but that there were so many complaints from the single drivers back then, (they wrote their local representatives), the hours were changed to 6:00pm! The whole idea of carpooling apparently was not as important as the happiness of the representatives' single driver constituents. To have a chance at changing the hours, numbers count -number of people submitting complaints. That's how it got changed before. Delegates/representatives, whatever, are going to please the majority.
Gold89 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2002 at 11:12am
I would like to see the morning HOV restriction start at 5:30am IN ADDITION to the evening restriction being extended to 6:30pm

emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2002 at 10:29am

What do you think about extending the HOV hours until 6:30pm?

It occurred to me because ever since I started slugging I have seen so many people violating the HOV as early as 5:30pm, sometimes even earlier. I think it is a good idea because these people will be forced to pick up slugs after 5:30pm, and the HOV will be more fluid after 6:00pm.

Need your comments.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic