Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug Cheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 3:03pm
I just lodged my complaint w/ Mr. Epton via email. Great idea! Let's hope this doesn't reach deaf ears.

emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 4:16pm
I lodged my complaint with Mr. Epton too. He addressed to K. E. Lantz, Jr., P. E. Transportation Planning Engineer, and this is what I got today by email:

" Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the HOV lanes on I-95 in Northern Virginia.

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) conducted a study that looked at the potential impacts of changing the HOV hours of operation, including extending the PM restricted period from 6:00 to 6:30. The study determined that anticipated volumes on the HOV lanes during that half hour would decrease significantly. While the study did show that the extended hours could cause some commuters to switch to transit, there was no indication that they would switch from driving alone to carpooling in order to enjoy the travel time savings.

Changes to the HOV operations must be seriously considered and done so only when proven to help conditions. VDOT continues to monitor the HOV facility to determine its effectiveness in reducing congestion and meeting commuters’ needs.

We are aware of concerns involving violators on the HOV lanes. The State Police provide roving patrols as well as stationary enforcement on the ramps. Given available resources, the HOV facilities are well patrolled, but unfortunately, growing demands on the State Police have reduced the number of officers that can be dedicated to HOV enforcement. I will forward your e-mail to Colonel W. Gerald Massengill, Virginia State Police Superintendent, so that he will also be aware of your concerns.

Thank you again for taking time to share your ideas and concerns with us.

Sincerely,

K. E. Lantz, Jr., P. E."

As you can see, there is no much we can do to improve what we have right now.

Transportation Planning Engineer

emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2002 at 4:20pm
I quoted "As you can see there is nothing we can do to improve what we have right now" as Mr. Lantz, Jr. words. Actually that sentence belongs to me.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic