Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Fuel Cost and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 12:13am
I have avoided responding to any post by Flat just so as not to encourage him. But I second these remarks. You are not a slugger, a carpooler, or a ride sharer. We all know we could live in the big city closer to DC and, for our own reasons, choose not to do so. You have made your choice and I respect that. But really, other than the purely SELFISH, JUVENILE desire to reaffirm your choice, you add NOTHING of value to this board. If you are into hearing yourself speak, take a tape recorder into the bathroom, look into the mirror and say your stupid crap. But please, leave those of us for whom ride sharing, carpooling, or slugging is a way of life which we value, and enjoy, alone.
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 5:24am
Can anyone tell me, as a new poster out here, if there is an actual Moderator for these boards? While I believe in freedom of speech I see limits established and sanctions imposed on wayward posters to every board I've ever joined. Some of of the childishness here would never be tolerated. And the "make money quick" thread? Sheesh.

I've seen the frustration by earnest posters to boards mount to the point where a "troll" gets "outted". Funny to see how fast they run when BOTH their IP and geographic addresses show up for the rest of the posting world to see.

lw-Ride on
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 8:36am
I suppose in a way I have been the unofficial moderator, as Admin is no doubt too busy to spend a lot of time on the site. On a number of occasions I have corresponded with him about offensive material and have had message threads deleted. We do need to be careful our our great site will be junked up by ads and offensive material.
beecee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 8:49am
Newbie alert! Didn't see anything in the FAQs about "trolls" or "outting." Can someone point me there or explain?
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:14am
So noted. Thx for the reply, Bob. I've seen boards die off after protracted periods of time where the "play babies" are allowed to run roughshod over those who participate in the spirit of sincerity. Would be a shame to see that happen here.

lw - Ride On
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic