Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Fuel Cost and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coulbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rising Fuel Cost and HOV
    Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 11:52am
It seems to me that Fuel cost is going to increase the amount of slugs. It will also increase the number of hybrids. Some hybrid owners I know do not think they will be banned from going SOV next year. So an increase in commute time is going to result.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:01pm
Yeah, well, we'll see. I'm not worried. I'll take the bus if it gets bad. Everyone needs to stop complaining and just deal. Whatever needs to be done. Just do it! Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Bush!
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:16pm
How many times are you going to post the same response?
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:30pm
Yeah, Carl, WTF is that all about? Ah well.
Saw a neat piece on one of the network news programs last night about the renewed popularity of carpools given the current gas price crunch. But anytime these news shows overlook the spectre of 'slugging', I feel they do an injustice to the viewer. Then again, this is a DC area only phenom, no?
Guaranteed the HOV lanes will be quite popular here in the coming weeks post-Labor Day. They will be slammed by the holidays. Even still, I'd guess additional fallout to the high fuel costs would include a jump in motorcycle sales. Do see a lot of 'us' out there these days for sure. Especially this week with the moderation in the weather. Personally, I'd like to see just as significant jump in the opportunities presented by the feds (and private) to telecommute. This is where the solution lies.
Oh, and the SOV dance card for hybrids? It's nearing expiry, trust me.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:57pm
Isn't there a saying about a camel's nose and your tent? Hybrid exemption isn't going away. Do you honestly think the auto manufacturers will allow that?

Yes, there will be more slugs, fewer drivers picking them up, more hybrids and motorcycles on the road.

Ignore Enuf, she's just a twit who posts to read her own posts. Absolutely nothing she's said on the forum makes sense.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 3:06pm
You twit! I'm not a female. I tell you. They get smarter and smarter every year! Don't get mad at me. Just slug baby!
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 4:23pm
Carleric is right. You might not be a female, Enuf, but you do sound like a broken record.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 4:29pm
Didn't someone else say let's slug baby? Isn't that slogan taken? Enuf - are you that other person who used to post that saying? Maybe Enuf has many personas? How about flatuentsluggerhugger? Isn't that you? Hmmm? Enuf may be Uhura in hiding. Imagine the possibilities!
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 4:32pm
You also think he's flatulentsluggerhugger????? I thought it was just me! LOL! Come on Enuf, fess up!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 4:40pm
Hey PanaRican! Didn't we talk about a date a couple of weeks ago? And here you are now trying to light a fire in me w/ your latin self. LOL You are a fire starter. Now how about that date?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic