Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVERY Important Public HOT Meeting Sept 21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VERY Important Public HOT Meeting Sept 21
    Posted: 23 Aug 2005 at 9:39am
[edited to bump it up for publicity. Bob]

Here is the link for the MAJOR meeting on HOT lanes to be held on Sept 21 in the Ferlazzo Building near Cardinal and Rt 1. Circle it on your calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://virginiadot.org/projects/publicinvolvement.asp

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/ppta-I-95_I-395HOTLanesAP.asp
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2005 at 2:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by RobertLangDirect
[br]Advisory Panel Meeting Agenda
Wed., September 21, 2005
6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Prince William County
Ferlazzo Auditorium
<>
3. Regional Traffic Analysis - Washington Council of Governments
<>

http://www.mwcog.org/publications/departmental.asp?CLASSIFICATION_ID=6&SUBCLASSIFICATION_ID=27

Regional Traffic Analysis? Do you have a spare $175 in your pocket? If so, you can BUY a copy of MWCOG's Regional Traffic Analysis.

What is wrong with this picture? MWCOG is a QUANGO. Quasi Autonomous Non Goverernment Operation. As such, MWCOG has no taxing authority. Instead, MWCOG exists on vapors. One aspect is MWCOG charging full price for publications. Most government publications are available at a nominal cost. Duplication costs, mailing and handling. Possibly something around $15 for which MWCOG is asking $175.

Most governments have the attitude that the preparation cost of the study was borne by the taxpayers and the taxpayers should have access without having to pay again. For instance Dick Nixon's notes while he was Senator and then President.

The Regional Traffic Analysis describes some 2,000 Transportation Analysis Zones. Analysis that is normally done by local governments, cities and counties. Do cities and counties conduct traffic analyses, or do they adopt MWCOGs studies? Have VDOT and CTB relinquished their duty to conduct traffic analysis studies?

MWCOG treats slugs as if they did not count. (Or as no accounts.)[;)]

Would it be too much for one of the local governments, or even MWCOG itself to make MWCOG's Analysis available electronically?

MWCOG is in the same category as the Commonwealth Transportation Board, in my opinion. Managed news. [}:)]

One use of the Analysis would be to locate slug parking lots.

Check out the classifieds at slug-lines.com

dickboyd@aol.com
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 10:30am
I have a one page flier on next Wednesday's meeting with a map I put together and am e-mailing it to the Webmaster and also to savehov.org for posting on either or both sites.

Am also emailing it to the slug leadership group. Is there another flier yet or not?

Below is the text in my flier as it stands/

Bob

Attention I-95 Slugs and Drivers!

Major HOT (High Occupancy Toll) Lane Meeting next Wednesday September 21.

Where: Ferlazzo Building Auditorium; 15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Woodbridge (see map below; near the intersection of Cardinal and Route 1).

When: Wednesday, September 21, 6 to 9:30pm.

What: Presentation of HOT plans to and opportunity for community input.

Why be there: This could spell the end of slugging and possibly the end of HOV. We need a big turnout on this to show our concern
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 4:11pm
VERY IMPORTANT EVENTS COMING UP - PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY

As described in the first message of this topic the most important event is Wed. Sept. 21.

Please if you stand in opposition to HOT Lanes this is your one and only chance to voice your opinion to the only people who cast a vote for or against HOT lanes on 95/395. Please come out and speak during the public comment time. We need to get as many bodies as possible to speak up. Even if you just want to state your name and say your are against HOT Lanes. This is your opportunity and we need you to do so!!!!!

That meeting is open to EVERY resident of Virginia. Be there.
Wed. Sept 21 6Pm-9PM. Ferlazzo Building

2nd event is the night before. The Prince William County Board of Supervisors is going to entertain a resolution to voice the county's opposition to HOT Lanes on 95/395. If you live in Prince William County please either attend the Board of Supervisor's meeting or send and email to your member of the board of supervisors supporting the resolution.

Board of Supervisors meeting is Tuesday Sept. 20 @ 7:30 at the County Administration building.

Supervisor Hilda Barg of Woodbridge is expected to make the motion and we know Supervisor Corey Stewart of Occoquan will be supporting it.
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 10:35am
FYI - the Hilda Barg anti- HOT resolution if it's brought up will be done during the BOCS 2pm session today. The 7:30 of the PWC BOCS has been cancelled today. Several of us have heard that Hilda plans to bring the resolution before the board during Supervisors time. You can listen to the board hearing at http://www.pwcgov.org.

If you can before 2pm today please email your Supervisor and ask them to vote with Hilda and Corey on the resolution.

One more plea - please come out to the Ferrlazo buidling on Wed. night. We need as many bodies as possible. Please please attend and speak out against HOT Lanes.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 1:14pm
Question:

I haven't followed the HOT prop and have a question for those that have. If the HOT prop passes will vehicles with three people use the HOT lanes for free? I slug from Horner/PM to the Puzzle Palace - how will this affect that commute.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Glacier
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 2:43pm
They promise to let HOV remain free, but in unguarded moments they confess they think HOV will interfere with paying passengers and that they actually do not have a plan for allowing HOV and toll-payers to ride at the same time in the same lanes. Never been done anywhere on earth in a multi-entrance/exit, multi-toll-booth system.

Anyone who tells you HOV will be free hasn't studied the issue or is lying deliberately.

shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 12:48pm
FYI - Hilda Barg did not introduce her resolution yesterday. However she did ask their legislative rep to contact the state legislators to get their views on HOT Lanes - interesting in itself on a number of levels.

I did get a call from her campaign manager yesterday who stated to me she is on board as an anti-HOT person. She's suppose to be at the advisory panel meeting tonight.

Please tell her thank you when you see her tonight at the meeting! BE THERE!!!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:34pm
I'll be there. However, I don't think many read this forum and have not made the connection between HOT and how it will impact slugging. Most of the responses (and assuming readers) are in the General Slugging Topics forum. I think I'll pepper that forum with notices one final time.

Goober
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:45pm
Folks-- create a simple sign or two to either tape in your car window for the ride home, or to hold while standing in a slug line waiting for a ride home. We need to generate attendees for tonight's meeting. "Say NO to HOT tonight at VDOT Mtg!" may be enough to generate conversation. I have had signs like that in my back window for a couple weeks now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic