Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC to Rt. 17 QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 17 Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC to Rt. 17 QUESTION
    Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 1:46pm
Does anyone get picked up between 5:15-5:45 from 14th & G? What about Rosslyn around that time? I would like to avoid going to the Pentagon if possible. thanks.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 7:45pm
I'm working up an email to the admin to post something on the front page about everyone using their local lots/pickup points rather than running to the Pentagon.

It's gotten ridiculous over there for both the drivers and slugs. All the slugs run straight there and cry "take 3, take 4", while a growing number of drivers have followed them over there making my pickup time way too long.
Route 17 Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 17 Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 10:12am
Excellent idea. According to this site, 14th & G is supposed to be a pm pickup for 17 and by searching through prior posts people say they can't get a ride, so everyone makes a mad dash over to the Pentagon. ugg! Its just senseless to have so many options is the morning and NOTHING BUT THE PENTAGON IN THE EVENING! The same with Rossyln. So many locations are listed as pickup spots, but to no avail, the Pentagon prevails. Any drivers/slugs interested in going home from any DC locations should just respond with the time they generally leave and what location they would like to pick up from and maybe we could bring these lines back to life. I think it would save drivers/slugs alike a lot of time. I can walk to 14th & G in 10 minutes. I can take the metro to Rosslyn in 10 minutes. For drivers, just maneuvering through the pickup area and actually getting out and onto HOV can take 15-20 minutes. Some drivers don't pull over far enough to the right for other vehicles to get around them or 10 cars lined up for 610 blocking the entire slug line limiting access for everyone else trying to pick up. Hopefully people will communicate the general times they could pickup or slug daily from the DC locations and try to avoid the Pentagon altogether. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to deal with that mess.
Rick Rude View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 3:34pm
I asked the question a couple of days ago about people leaving from the Navy Yard looking for rides. I drive in everyday and always run to the Pentagon to pick up slugs because whenever I go over to the Navy Yard, there are no slugs there. It would make it alot easier for both slugs and myself if I knew of anyone that is looking for a wide to Pentagon, Horner or RT 3 anytime after 4:30.

tdrcas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrcas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 3:43pm
Have you tried signing up for the Navy Yard email list? I was on that list before I transfered jobs. I was getting alot of emails from people to coordinate pickup times. It definetely will save you the time rather than going to the Pentagon.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 2:21pm
Has anyone used the L'enfant line to get to 17 in the afternoons? I've been by there a couple of times but it looked like noone was really using that line, so like everyone else I went to the Pentagon. I'd like to avoid going to the pentagon if possible. L'enfant or 14th street could work, but I dont see people there when I'm leaving. Not sure if its my timing or the line has dissolved. It seems like everyone just goes straight to the pentagon.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 1:26pm
I have to agree with 122582. Tuesday, the 17 line at Pentagon was past the stop sign, at 4pm. That's insane, and I hope more people will use their local lines, it makes things easier for all.
lotsa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 12:39pm
It did not dissolve - it never took off. When it first started up (not sure, must be about 2 yrs ago now), I tried going to that stop for a wk or so at about 4:45pm and then again a couple wks later - so slugs and no drivers. I'd wait maybe a half hour each time and then grabbed the Metro to the Pentagon.

quote:
Originally posted by mikester
[br]Has anyone used the L'enfant line to get to 17 in the afternoons? I've been by there a couple of times but it looked like noone was really using that line, so like everyone else I went to the Pentagon. I'd like to avoid going to the pentagon if possible. L'enfant or 14th street could work, but I dont see people there when I'm leaving. Not sure if its my timing or the line has dissolved. It seems like everyone just goes straight to the pentagon.

Route 17 Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 17 Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 10:46am
Any drivers interested in listing their DC evening pickup times/locations?

quote:
Originally posted by Route 17 Slugger
[br]Excellent idea. According to this site, 14th & G is supposed to be a pm pickup for 17 and by searching through prior posts people say they can't get a ride, so everyone makes a mad dash over to the Pentagon. ugg! Its just senseless to have so many options is the morning and NOTHING BUT THE PENTAGON IN THE EVENING! The same with Rossyln. So many locations are listed as pickup spots, but to no avail, the Pentagon prevails. Any drivers/slugs interested in going home from any DC locations should just respond with the time they generally leave and what location they would like to pick up from and maybe we could bring these lines back to life. I think it would save drivers/slugs alike a lot of time. I can walk to 14th & G in 10 minutes. I can take the metro to Rosslyn in 10 minutes. I can be at 18th & K in 5 minutes. For drivers, just maneuvering through the pickup area and actually getting out and onto HOV can take 15-20 minutes. Some drivers don't pull over far enough to the right for other vehicles to get around them or 10 cars lined up for 610 blocking the entire slug line limiting access for everyone else trying to pick up. Hopefully people will communicate the general times they could pickup or slug daily from the DC locations and try to avoid the Pentagon altogether. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to deal with that mess.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic