Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:03pm
NurseChapel, you say the bus costs you $20 "when you take it," which sounds like you aren't often on the bus (if I'm wrong, I apologize, and ignore the rest of this paragraph). Well, the $10 that you say is less would be an every day expense, so I'm thinking the daily $10 would end up being a LOT more than the occasional $20.

I should have to "pony up" because I don't generally drive? I confess that I do not understand that argument. Is it only people who NEVER drive who should have to pay, or does that include people like me who will drive a couple of times a year?

Choosing numbers is more like setting a fee, and less like a "tip."
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:04pm
NO PAYING FOR SLUGGING!! I appreciate the drivers, but it is their choice for whatever reason, decent parking, convenience of driving yourself....I've got enough bills to pay..as we all do,

:'}
coulbc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coulbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:26pm
I certainly think that there are some who will start asking for tips if gas goes to 4.00 per gallon, due to the hurricane. The oil companies are making record profits, and this is a good opportunity for them to make even more. Once the ball starts rolling, expect the discussions about HOT and HYBRIDS to be downright calm compared to the tipping issue.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by coulbc
[br]I certainly think that there are some who will start asking for tips if gas goes to 4.00 per gallon, due to the hurricane. The oil companies are making record profits, and this is a good opportunity for them to make even more. Once the ball starts rolling, expect the discussions about HOT and HYBRIDS to be downright calm compared to the tipping issue.

The demand side does just as much to run up the price as the supply side. If supply is limited (as is the case with the Katrina damage) then consumers are willing to pay more to ensure they get gas.
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:46pm
Here's a tip for you. No one told you that you have to drive. So if it's costing too much, get at the back of the slug line. Just be ready to stand in line for an hour or so.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:01pm
Yea, if you can't afford to drive without tips, stop doing it.
Unless the HOT thing totally screws up the HOV, there will be plenty of others willing to pick up slugs to beat the traffic.
If you decide to do it though, I suggest you form a separate line somewhere, because you will foul up the regular lines when riders see your jar and bail out on you.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Route 17 Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 17 Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:18pm
I agree with you Sludge. $ = carpool or vanpool

122582, you are too much -- why don't you try carpoolconnect.com or carpoolworld.com? I bet your truck is a gas guzzler too, huh? Why don't you try slugging a couple days a week? Oh, no bottom feeding for you? awww. Go ahead and ride in those regular lanes since they are sooo much better now...I double dogg dare you! By the way, your new nickname is cranky pants! ROFLMAO [:X]

don't go hatin'...there's always slugs a waitin'!!!

quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]If 122582 wants his/her gas costs reduced he/she should form a car pool and have the drivers alternate using their own cars each week. We've done that for 8 years from Burke with 4 members, and it works great. We pick up slugs on Old Keene Mill Rd slug lines (no charge or tips required) when 2 of the 4 car pool members are traveling, on vacation, or have a day off. That's usually a couple times a month.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

gmugrad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmugrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:32pm
Wait what if I drive twice a week. Can I have a get out of tipping free car because i drive too?

Also if they are tipping does that mean they get door to door service?

Also some of us do get our companies to pay for the bus but we perfer to slug. Maybe we should just start riding the bus for free then and deal with the paper work.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:27pm
It seems that someone needs to do a RLD type of campaign to get the drivers organized to all request tips. Then the system would be fair.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 7:09am
I scored $3 this morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic