Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmtz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 11:03am
Well said st driver! I've been a driver and a slug for 13 years and feel exactly as you do. Not sure where all this tip nonsense started from. On the days I drive, I personally wouldn't take any money from slugs. I just appreciate getting back and forth to work in a decent time.
nursechapel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursechapel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 5:42pm
Some 3rd slugs apparently don't mind paying. I had a "take a third?" the other day, and my response was "for $5". He whipped out a five and climbed in smiling.
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 7:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by nursechapel
[br]Some 3rd slugs apparently don't mind paying. I had a "take a third?" the other day, and my response was "for $5". He whipped out a five and climbed in smiling.

Your nose is growing.

Hug a slug today
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 7:40am
The more you talk about it, the longer this lasts and the more credibility it gains. It's amazing how much distance this thread has gotten. I for one have been interested in seeing the various reactions/assertions in regards to this topic. It has definitely shown the best and worst amongst both drivers and slugs alike.

Don't you know: if you ignore it, it will just go away.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
twentytwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twentytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 2:34pm
Good afternoon everyone
twentytwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twentytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 2:36pm
I agree , I can't beleive how much talk this generated. But I think we should just ride in and be thankful someone is giving you a ride.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2005 at 9:32pm
Wouldn't it be nice if slugs were truly thankful, 22? Instead, most are now acting as if a free ride is their god-given right.

They would show their thanks by turning off the cell phone, taking their newspapers with them, and not whining about every little thing along the way. And close the doors gently when they get out.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:14pm
Today is the last day to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. On Monday the new laws kick into play.

PS - All kidding aside - tip the driver.
PPS - If the HOT lanes go in and HOV3 stays free it should pick up more drivers.
PPPS - If HOT moves in that 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo in Ballston will start looking real good. Kiss Prince William, Stafford, and Spotsylvania good-bye.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2005 at 12:28pm

Maybe YOU should be thankful that people ride with you, saving you time, gas, $$, and stress. Remember, tis the season to be thankful. And I'm thankful (even if you don't tip me)that I can help you get to work faster.

Cheers,

Glacier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
  Share Topic