Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 7:17am
GMU, I'm not targeting drivers who slug sometimes. Also never said you couldn't ride if you don't tip, just that tips are appreciated.

I'm targeting bottom feeders who never drive, whine take 3, take 4, leave trash, slam doors, and are otherwise freeloading.

Call me a mean guy, but if the shoe fits...

hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 7:53am
Bottom feeders huh? I would say smart riders. Some of us have to pay up to $20 per day for parking plus whatever gas it takes to get to work, so if it means saving money everyday by slugging, it makes us smarter, not bottom feeders..
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:01am
If you're "requesting" a tip, then it's NOT a tip. That's a fee. Tips are, by nature, voluntary. Sure, put the jar out but don't be surprised when you find only quarters in it.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:14am
So considering I'm saving you $20 per day parking (and you're probably getting a subsidy for that), plus gas, plus aggravation, you are merely confirming your status as a bottom feeder by not expressing your gratitude in the form of a tip.

As for what you save me? A total of 40 minutes of my day. That's all.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:23am
Why are tips appropriate now as opposed to six months ago? What level of gas price triggers the "obligation" to tip? Is there a threshold gas price where above which we tip and below which we don't? (and, as I said on another thread, if I'm obligated to tip, it's NOT a tip, but a payment or a fee)
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:39am
Let's see here. the people that drive pretty much do so since they don't have a choice. You pick up slugs to save you time so that you don't have to get up earlier, don't waste gas sitting in traffic. so we're doing you a favor, while in return we're getting favor by getting a ride to work. go ahead, don't pick up slugs, we don't care. we'll just find a carpool or take the train. slugging is a mutual benefit for both parties, and once you starting thinking tipping should be involved, it defeats the whole purpose of why slugging was even created.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:46am
quote:
Originally posted by hotscr17
[br] slugging is a mutual benefit for both parties, and once you starting thinking tipping should be involved, it defeats the whole purpose of why slugging was even created and THAT IS WHY I THINK SLUGGING SHOULD CEASE TO EXIST!!!

EXACTLY!!!!![8D]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:50am
kcwp,

A little bit of editorial license in your "quote". I thought a quote was just that, a quote, not to be edited to make it sound like someone else is supporting your position by you putting your words in their post.

Maybe I missed something in English classes.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:52am
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]I scored $3 this morning.

The "professional" homeless on the streets of DC do much better. Why not use your cup at lunch - no driving involved.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:54am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]
Maybe I missed something in English classes.

They don't teach that in English class. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
  Share Topic