Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get in the Back Jack!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Beaufort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get in the Back Jack!
    Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 1:42pm
A car pulls up at the Pentagon and told the sluggers to get in the back seat.....front seat empty...what's up with that.[?]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 1:46pm
driver perogative?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 12:26am
I agree, if driver wants you to sit in back seat, you should do so...driver is under no obligation to specify the reason
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 7:53am
Yeah, absolutely driver prerogative.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:18am
Do as you're told and be grateful for the free ride.

I have slugs falling asleep in the front seat and their bobbing heads block my view of the mirror. I think the driver had a good idea.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:52am
One reason I wouldn't put all my slugs in the backseat is I don't want to feel like I'm any more a chauffeur than I already am. It's my own insecurity. Besides, it's harder to see them drool on themselves if they're in the backseat!

NoSb

VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 2:32pm
122582, I understand the driver has the choice of where their slugs sit. But the conentation I get from your reply, "Do as you're told and be grateful for the free ride.", is a little insulting. Remember, it's all in the presentation. I agree, it is a free ride, but I will not be made to feel like I owe someone for the ride.

My own .02 cents!

Slug on!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 7:28pm
Well, if you're a courteous slug, you would simply respect the drivers wishes.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 5:51am
There may have been a perfectly good reason known only to the driver for putting the slugs in the back. Can't rule that out. Also questioning the driver's motives isn't helpful either.

We have to understand even folks like 122582 who don't really mean much of what they ride here. I think he loves all slugs, but just doesn't care for those who are rude and inconsiderate very much. Those ones are tougher to love, but they're the ones who need it the most.

NoSb

dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 3:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Beaufort
[br]A car pulls up at the Pentagon and told the sluggers to get in the back seat.....front seat empty...what's up with that.[?]

Beats riding in the trunk!

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic