Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DRIVERS STRIKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRIVERS STRIKE
    Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 2:18pm
For those of you whiners complaining about the price of gas....I suggest you organize a strike!!!

Of course....I'm all for it!!! [8D]

See my post in "Time to Start Tipping" thread.

[:p]
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:06pm
Please do. The reduced traffic in HOV will be a pleasure.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:06pm
[:p] Yes .... stop using gasoline altogether until the price comes down! [:p]
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:34pm
Well, I was thinking the the drivers would be smart enough to organize carpools in the interim...bet yeah....if you want to use the regular lanes....even better!!!! :)
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 3:48pm
I'm already advertising on this site and commuter connections for a carpool. As soon as I get one pulled together, you betcha!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:13pm
I too am looking to find a carpool.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:30pm
NoSB, Ave: Recommend that you go into the slug lots without driving one day and hand a sheet to all drivers proposing they contact you for the date to start requesting slugs contribute for the gas. No one can legally stop you from making the handouts or giving them to the drivers.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:52pm
Ave,
From where to where?
I travel from Stafford (either lot) to Pentagon/Crystal City/Alexandria.

An additional benefit of a carpool is to meet close to a commuter lot (e.g. don't have to be in the lot) so parking is more flexible. Those shopping centers aren't filling up their parking spaces and they're more secure than the commuter lots--previous experience here.

Nosuv,
More efficient to post here than hand out flyers. Thanks for the suggestion though!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 4:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]More efficient to post here than hand out flyers.

NoSb: Might be more efficient, but far less effective. I doubt that even 5% of the drivers read these posts.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 5:09pm
I am departing from Dale City with a destination to Ballston but am willing to Metro to work from Pentagon.

Thanks for the flyer suggestion, btw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic