Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maybe we should scrap the slug line...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe we should scrap the slug line...
    Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:40am
...and everyone push to get diesel cars that run on bio diesel.

That way we can all be stuck in traffic, with less emissions. Hey, maybe we can even get VDOT to approve clean fuel tags?????

I'm kidding, but this is a good read, I'd rather have a "french fry" mobile on the road than a hybrid with just a driver.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Saveonacar/P115218.asp

thirdbag
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 8:43am
mmmmmmmmm, french fries.
Seriously. This system has worked ridiculously well for 30+ years. Why mess with success?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:13am
Because they see big $$$$ in something that it's been for free since then.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:14am
Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on veg oil. a gallon of pure corn oil now costs as much as a gallon of diesel.
thirdbag View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:18am
quote:
Originally posted by Luddite
[br]Rudolph Diesel designed his engine to run on veg oil. a gallon of pure corn oil now costs as much as a gallon of diesel.

Come on, McDonald's has to see a way of making $$$ off this... I can see it now, "I'll have a Combo #5 and 15 gallons of your french fry oil." "That will be $43.55, please pull forward and Sparky will pump your fry oil while we cook your burger."[:D][:D][:D]

thirdbag
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:23am
LOL!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:41am
quote:
Originally posted by thirdbag
[br Hey, maybe we can even get VDOT to approve clean fuel tags?????

I'd rather have a "french fry" mobile on the road than a hybrid with just a driver.

Anything that reduces overall demand should be considered. That's why hybrids are so great - even WITH just a driver! We need more legislation that makes the extra purchase cost of a hybrid feasible, whether it's the extension of the exemption of changing the Express (HOV) lanes to busses and hybrids only.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:53am
McDonalds sells its waste veggie oil to pet food manufacturers. Mmmmm.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 10:00am
NoSUV, I am surprised that an "advanced member" like you is still a hybrid hugger. You should know that hybrids do not reduce traffic congestion, nor do they reduce our dependency on fossil fuels. They are a farce, a way for the auto manufacturers to create another product to sell, a marketing ploy built on our desire to do the right thing. Only they distract us from the real issue, we have built our society on finite resources with a planned obsolesence. Fossil fuels (remember hybrids still burn gas) are so last century! Get with the program; hydrogen, alcohol, bio diesel, solar, wind, hydro and pedal power are the fuels of the future. Renewable, plentiful, powerful.

Oh, now I get it, you are a hybrid driver! That's alright, I know you wanted to do the right thing! Just please don't try to fool us with that political rhetoric about how great hybrids are; we, the informed, know better.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 10:04am
"pedal power"....I like it.

Imagine if people actually created (at the grassroots demand, kind of like slugging) the demand for parking locations for bicycles to get to commuter lots by actually riding bikes to the lots.

I admire those couple folks I see walking to the Mine Road lot in the morning (even when it's humid outside like these past couple days).

Would such a movement help reduce health care costs too?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic