Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhybrids get out of the fast lanes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehoberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hybrids get out of the fast lanes!
    Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 9:16am
I am all for hybrids using the HOV but I cannot stand it when riding in the fast lane (left, by the way) only be held up by some hybrid driving like an utter snail. move over to the slow lane.

thanks.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 2:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by ehoberg
[br]I am all for hybrids using the HOV but I cannot stand it when riding in the fast lane (left, by the way) only be held up by some hybrid driving like an utter snail. move over to the slow lane.

thanks.

It's the driver, not the vehicle who determines the speed and lane choice.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
ehoberg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehoberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:25pm
Of course. Therefore, I direct my remark to the drivers of Hybrids. However it works out that they move intolerably slow in the fast lanes, I ask that the cars be driven in the slow lanes.

grutzi.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:51pm
How about you direct your yelling to all cars (hybrids, cycles, BUSES) in the left who are moving over for you. Guess you think you are God.

(Know I shouldn't even respond to this person but many a times I've been in the left lane getting ready to EXIT and some yahoo rides my tailpipe.)
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 9:17am
Since when in the last three years is there a fast lane on HOV? There may be fast 1/4 mile sections, but there are no longer any fast lanes. Just pass on the right, or the shoulder, or tailgate until they move over. Sheesh.
k2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 7:47pm
How fast would you like the hybrid vehicles to travel?
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 11:36am
quote:
Originally posted by Luddite
[br]Since when in the last three years is there a fast lane on HOV? There may be fast 1/4 mile sections, but there are no longer any fast lanes. Just pass on the right, or the shoulder, or tailgate until they move over. Sheesh.

Now hang on a second. Call me crazy. But last I checked it was slower cars ride in the right lane and pass on the left when safe. Europe has been doing this for years and it is downright curteous. This is ongoing problem in the United States and has recently been addressed by local governments. Some states have will ticket you for riding the left lane while not passing. Pennsylvania is one of them.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 12:06pm
Slower than what though? The speed limit? Or slower than the illegal flow of traffic?

I can't imagine that the powers that be would want "slower traffic move right" to mean someone going 70 in a 65 mph speed limit when others are trying to go 75. That would be somewhat of an internal contradiction in the system.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:37pm
In Pennsylvania, the law clearly states slower than the flow of traffic. The left lane has been designated as pass only.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 9:34am
But when all lanes are full how can you say only use right lane if you want to travel the speed limit (65)? Consider all the buses that occupy the lanes that travel anywhere from 35-55? Then everyone has to travel in left. I gather that the people who want EVERYONE to travel in the right lane, except to pass, are the speed demons who want to travel in rush hour traffic at excessive speeds. "Rush" hour traffic doesn't mean you get to rush -- you get to travel the bottle necks with the rest of us.

In NORMAL flow of traffic, yes, slower traffic stay to right. But if you are going with the FLOW, then left/right doesn't matter. It only matters when someone decides to go against the flow and travel slower. Then that person should be in the right until his/her exit.

Also take into consideration that the left lane is the exit lane for the majority of HOV exits.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic