Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhybrids get out of the fast lanes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 11:41am
The issue is holding up the flow of traffic ir-reguardless of the time of day. If someone in the left lane is coming up from behind their intention is obviously to pass. Drivers not passing in the left lane should move over and let them by. Hey it's their ticket.

And the majority of exits off HOV (I-95) are not in the left lane. The majority is the Springfield exchange in the afternoon, which is not considered HOV until you get by (7100) Franconia Springfield Parkway Exit.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:48pm
This strictly applies to RUSH HOUR and when traffic is heavy (meaning most the time around here).

So basically you are saying that EVERYONE is to be in the right hand lane UNLESS they are passing the person in front? Yeah right. Like that will ever happen. During the rush hour, all lanes are required to move traffic and the idiot, who thinks they can barrel down the road and cars are supposed to leap over to the right hand lane to let them by, is delusional.

Technically you shouldn't be passing UNLESS the car in front is going under the speed limit, therefore you are confined to the right hand lane. Technically you shouldn't be speeding up BEYOND the speed limit to pass. Technically you should only be traveling 65 mph on the HOV. So who is breaking the law now?

Stupid argument -- belongs under the category of "how to be a god wanna be -- part the water for me."
maytrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maytrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2005 at 11:31am
quote:
Originally posted by ehoberg
[br]Of course. Therefore, I direct my remark to the drivers of Hybrids. However it works out that they move intolerably slow in the fast lanes, I ask that the cars be driven in the slow lanes.

grutzi.

But maybe it's you that's holding me up as I cruise in the fast lane at 90mph in my hybrid?
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 3:28pm
AMEN!!! I have noticed that every time I drive..yes, every time.. someone in a hybrid speeds up to get in front of me in the left lane, and then puts on their brakes to slow down!! AND-- there is no traffic in the right lane. What gives??? I wouldn't complain if it happened once in a while, but every time I drive, I am always cut off by these Hybrids that HAVE to get in front of me, and then crawl down 95 in the left lane. goodness, I hope they don't do that to tractor trailers!!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2005 at 9:12am
It's always SUVs that do that to me. Never a hybrid.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2005 at 10:21am
There are self-centered drivers in every make and model (probably year too) of vehicle out there on the roads. It is all a matter of degrees. It's not just those who cut others off that are selfish, it is also a pervasive attitude that someone cut me off that indicates a level of selfishness as well.

I admit I'm not a perfect driver and I can't please everyone I encounter on the road.

Please drive with courtesy and seek to find out what it means to be a defensive driver then practice it. That would make the overall commute a bit easier to experience.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2005 at 2:12pm
Puleeezzee! The drivers in the DC area are the worst for speeding up, cutting off, then slowing down. They are terrible for speeding up to cut off merge traffic. They are awful for racing up and highspeed tailgating. They are nasty about passing on the right and early exiting to cut off other exiting drivers. And the bottom line is that there is no one vehicle driver that does it more than another. Sports car drivers, small cars, SUVs, big cars, all drivers are guilty! Its the combination of too many cars driven by inconsiderate and stressed out people on roads that are poorly engineered and inadequate to handle the traffic volume. And Police don't help; if they decided to actually enforce the speed limit and agressive driving laws there would be no need to consider HOT, county revenues would go through the roof!

Get smart, Slow down, Drive safe, Live longer, be happier!
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2005 at 1:02pm
Last I checked, the posted speed limit is as fast as you can drive. Gotta love that "northernvirginia-itis" unwritten rule that an opening in the left lane is a permission slip to hammer down. Lotta folks around here seem pretty tough while in the safety of thier cars.

SLOW DOWN.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2005 at 8:39am
Description of my ride in this morning in a nutshell:

Hybrids everywhere, approaching 50 percent of traffic in some sections.

We passed a group of 5 hybrids in a row, one regular car, and a hybrid sport ute next.

Slow, slow traffic in the HOV lanes, in many cases about the same speed as regular lanes.

Folks, make this promise over your turkey day break. PLEASE write a letter, again if you already have to your state senator and delegate. This thing is not over yet and is getting worse.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2005 at 11:01am
When does hybrid huntin' season start?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic