Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

will you take a third rider??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 1:20pm
If the riders start tipping, I'm sure everyone would take a third if there's room. ;) The biggest problem that I know of when taking three riders, is that the SOV hybrids tend to be more annoying than usual.
minerdhov View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minerdhov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 11:19am
I drive occassionally and don't mind taking a third (and usually do)but I will say it irratates me to see these people in line fourth/fifth/sixth back, in line yelling out to the people getting in the car CAN THEY TAKE A THIRD..WILL THEY TAKE A THIRD..HEY TAKE A THIRD. Remember folks its up to the driver, if they offer, then thats great. If not...we have to wait our turn...
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 1:40pm
I still think the best way for all is to charge for the third. After all, there's no advantage to the driver - only cost - and if the slugs don't want to pay, they don't have to go.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 1:50pm
I don't think it would be fair to only charge the 3rd. Suppose there are people in the fornt of the too stingy to pay. That would promote buying your way up in line which wouldn't be fair.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 2:02pm
If people if front don't want to pay, they can wait. People who would rather pay than wait, can pay. Everybody wins. Even the driver, who has no reason except the goodness of his/her heart and has to pay for the marginal wear and tear.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 5:07pm
Let the drivers decide about taking a third or not. To me, it doesn't look good that someone yells "take a third?" to the driver.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 5:51pm
Let's see if we can agree on a compromise. If the slug line is long, it is ok to politely ask for the extra rider, with absolutely no negative reaction if they decline. If the slug line is short, wait for the next car!
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 8:45pm
Hmm. I drive sometimes. If there are only 3 people in line I will always tell all 3 to hop in. No point taking 2 and leaving 1 person there alone. But usually 2 people hop in the car close the doors and noone bothers to ask me if a 3rd person can ride. So I drive off with 2.

Hug a slug today
hondu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2005 at 6:04am
Bill - I've been that driver behind you that pulls up and watches three get into your car leaving no riders for me. When the line is short I take two and leave the rest for the cars who are most likely following me. (unless it's getting too close to the 'witching' hour - after say 545p) I also stopped taking three in the am because twice I almost had my left side back door taken off by a half-asleep person exiting without looking back into traffic to see if anyone was coming.
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2005 at 11:21am
I always take as many as want to fit if the lines are long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic