Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

will you take a third rider??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 10:55am
Here is the solution: Slug line leader asks the driver, "where and how many?" Leave it up to drivers to state the number of riders they want in their cars. They know the drill (i.e., they'll say 3 if they see a long line of slugs with no cars and are not opposed to taking 3 for one reason or another). It's real simple. Drivers: if you don't want a third rider in your car because it makes you uncomfortable or you think you're saving on gas, or whatever, just say "two" when the slug leader asks. No one gets insulted this way.

Becky
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:20pm
Or say two - will take a 3rd for $x
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:38pm
URGENT: remember to attend the

Advisory Panel Meeting Agenda
Wed., September 21, 2005 -- TONIGHT
6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Prince William County
Ferlazzo Auditorium
Prince William County
15941 Donald Curtis Drive
Woodbridge, Virginia 22192

Goober
bujee33 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bujee33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:09pm
I find it very rude that when I pull up in the afternoon on my way home to pick up slugs that I am being asked by riders waiting in line if I can take additional slugs. If the driver pulls up with 2 fingers, that means he only wants 2 riders. Why impose on the driver to take more? The diver is fully aware how many riders he COULD take but may not want that many riders in his vehicle. I don't notice this request being made by riders in the morning. Why in the afternoon? If you can't ask a driver to turn the radio station or put the air or heat on, or even talk for that matter, why should you be allowed to ask the driver to do this? I thought the driver sets all the standards. Just wondering...
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:16pm
Bujee,

I'm a driver, you're a driver. The driver does set the "standards".

If you perceive them as rude, then so be it. People aren't changed from being rude by being rude back though. I much prefer to shower those who do ride with kindness than try to pull some power trip and jerk them out of rudeness by being rude back. Your call, do as you please.

As for me, I prefer to focus on the positives in life---like---hey, it's FRIDAY! No commuting for 2 days in a row.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your commute.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
bujee33 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bujee33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:37pm
Agree. Never did I mention being rude to any rider. I just don't want to be in a position where I would appear to be rude by denying their request. As a sidenote, I have never refused when asked, but just don't think its appropriate.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:58pm
Agreed on all accounts!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2005 at 11:01am
Well I hate to be the "sticky wicket" but here goes. When I drive, I wont take three because I am not a taxi. The only reason why I pick up slugsters is to drive in the HOV lanes. I take the minimum. I dont like strangers in my car or people who have nasty body odors. I dont like people who snore, cell phone chat or fart in my car.

Now you can see why there are so many hybrids on the HOV.

sorry slugsters. Notice I am a lot nicer than 122. At least I dont ask for tips.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2005 at 7:18am
Bud,
You sound like a really pleasant person to be around. I hope your life is happier than it appears to be from your posting. Don't worry, be happy. .. and don't be a snobby bitch. Be nice, y'hear.

Keep on sluggin!
SlugR View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2005 at 8:09am
As one who slugs 95% of the time and drives 5%, I agree with RB that when I drive I'm not a taxi. If the weather's bad or the line is exceptionally long I may take a third, but it's a rare exception. When I slug, I prefer the driver only take the minimum as well. Slugging is by far the the most comfortable, convenient way to get up the HOV--anyone who wants an uncomfortable ride stacked up with other passengers inside your personal space should take public transportation. Bottom line-- it's up the driver, so just wait your turn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic