Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked$35 one-way commute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2006 at 8:33am
raymond - if hybrids lose their express lane exemption, I'd be willing to pay a toll rather than go in the regular lanes. Tough that you'd have to pay a toll as well.

Fight them all, lose them all.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2006 at 8:15am
If you are willing to pay a toll, then you sure are well off enough not to need a tax deduction to buy a hybrid in the first place. Care to give any of that tax deduction back to those who can use it to help the environment? Perhaps you can use it to give free bus tokens to slugs to get them to try out the bus?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2006 at 9:28am
dark - so, you fail at both physics AND reading comprehension. Read the post again. If you have kids, maybe they can explain it to you.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2006 at 3:21pm
bumping up

BTW, HOT means "Have Other Transportation ready" because we will all need to find other ways to get to DC. No good options; VRE is expensive and unreliable, METRO is expensive/crowded/dirty/slow. HOT lanes will be expensive, and eventually will fill up and get as slow as the Hybrid-choked HOV lanes are now.

Only 15 years until retirement! Whopee!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 7:12am
Raymond,

Bicycles! [:p]

We can have SOB lanes!
(That's "Singles On Bikes")

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 8:09am
Will you still pick up slugs?
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br]Will you still pick up slugs?

Only with a tandem bike (no more snoozing on the way in)[:I]
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 4:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by LDOMAJ
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br]Will you still pick up slugs?

Only with a tandem bike (no more snoozing on the way in)[:I]

Ouch! You mean you'd make a slug DO something for a ride? Besides just show up?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 9:53pm
Bumping a real topic above all the spam trash.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 3:38pm
Always the smart-alec, NoSUV! Tsk, tsk... I drove and picked up slugs for years, and I still drive and pick up slugs several days a month. Besides, even a snoozing slug is contributing to solving our eco/traffic/fuel problems! A snoozing slug in my back seat is one less car on the road. A snoozing former SOV hybrid driver in my back seat still reduces smog, fuel consumption and traffic congestion. Care to give it a try? It sounds as though you could use a little more sleep.

This is still the sacriest forum heading on this site! Scary because its entirely possible based on what I have seen on HOT lanes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic