Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCastillo76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City
    Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 1:35pm
Ok I do not see why slugs want to dictate where they want to be dropped off in Crystal City. This is not limo service. There should be designated spots like the two pick up places.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:20pm
Is it really them "dictating" where they want dropped or do they take the attitude that you're already on your way to somewhere so why not drop them off along the way?

For me, I drop anywhere in CC as I flow thru there to my workplace in Alexandria.

Some people can appear demanding, but I usually attribute that to the early mornings we all face around here to commute in. This time of year people appear more tense and anxious. Probably a result of decreasing sunlight and the events going on nationally/internationally.

Designated spots for dropoff is a good idea though, but then they could be "out of the way" too for some folks.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
LCastillo76 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCastillo76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 2:28pm
Well, I park in the White Buidling on Army Navy Drive. The IG's office. And I really do not want to take people all the way up to 23rd. I think 12th and Clarke is far enough. People can walk a few blocks to the metro it won't kill them.
gj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 7:05pm
Many people work down at 23rd street and beyond. So that would be quite a walk from 12th. Although there are no actual designated drop off points in CC, the "default" drop off points have become 12 and Clark, Metro, and 23rd.

If you are not going any further than 12th and Clark, please let the Slugs know when you pull up to the line in the morning. I see many drivers do this. People needing to go further and not wanting to walk will pass up your ride and allow the next people in line going to 12th and Clark to take the ride. Then everyone is happy.

gj
slugcarrier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 7:12am
I work at 12th and Clark, and anyone who thinks taking slugs down to 23rd St is an inconvenience is being a little selfish. I always take them to 23rd if that is where they want to go. Takes me all of about 3-4 minutes to drop them there, then swing back around on Crystal Dr and go back to 12th and Clark. Small price in time to pay for saving almost an hour for not having to take the main line.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 8:18am
A major benefit of slugging (either by riding or driving) is the flexibility inherent in the system. A little give or take on any given day is preferred over "locking in" ONE WAY to do it over another. Courtesy is still in style, try it, you'll be amazed at the reactions you'll get.

There's not too many people who thoroughly enjoy the commute, realize we all have bad days. Once we have this kind of awareness (e.g. that we're all in it together), things take on a different meaning and hue to life.

Enjoy this day!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2005 at 10:08am
LCastillo, you meanie. Don't you know you're supposed to provide curb service, an even 68-72 degrees, 60dB or below, capuccino, etc.

How dare you suggest your poor oppressed slug walk a block or two!

Let's ban you right now before you start developing more of these ideas, you horrid little driver!

[:D]

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
1line View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:04pm
Stop picking people up for Crystal City -- drop off at the Pentagon (it is the same exit for you), come right out on Fern Street and you are at Army Navy Drive -- no whining from those wanting curb-to-curb service and you are at work 15 minutes earlier.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:09pm
I agree, you should use the Pentagon's slug lines instead if you're not willing to drive into CC. It makes more sense where you work anyways.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
LCastillo76 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCastillo76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:31pm
So I can pick people up in the Pentagon Slug line and they are ok with an ARMY NAVY drop off?

quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]I agree, you should use the Pentagon's slug lines instead if you're not willing to drive into CC. It makes more sense where you work anyways.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic