Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuters Left with Bus -- Potomac News

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commuters Left with Bus -- Potomac News
    Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 1:57pm
I saw this in the Potomac News:

The Incredible Shrinking Rights

It is interesting that on Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 a certain Prince William County Supervisor running against Delegate Jeff Frederick released a SEVEN POINT, so-called "Prince William Commuter Bill of Rights."

Regarding commuter issues, Delegate Jeff Frederick has proven to be a tireless and effective advocate. When others were speaking out against the expansion of a local commuter lot, Jeff amended the Local Partnership Initiative to help us. As Secretary Pierce Homer reported on 16 September, Jeff’s work is now providing $5.8M that will expand the commuter parking lot at the corner of Route 234 and Interstate 95 in Dumfries. Jeff has done other good for us, too numerous to discuss here.

When compared to Jeffs accomplishments, I believe his opponent was compelled to publish her list because many voters question her sincerity and support to our community. Now, we should have no doubt.

Today, while reviewing a certain political web-site, I see that only SIX of the so called rights had survived the passing of a week. I assume that the Supervisor no longer believes that we need protection from higher fuel taxes.

That’s OK. At this rate, by Election Day, at least we will still have our right to ride a bus.

Robert Lang
Triangle

see: http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WPN%2FMGArticle%2FWPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031785288212&path=!news!opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic