Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We all have had a winner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We all have had a winner
    Posted: 30 Sep 2005 at 7:11pm
I drive but mainly I ride. And all in all I think slugging is a winner for everyone involved. Over a couple years I've driven and ridden enough to say

o Nearly everyone I've given a ride to is someone who I wouldn't mind giving a ride to again and is basically thankful for the free trip

o Nearly every driver is considerate and is thankful for the slugs that get them to work and home a lot faster

But I've had a couple of winners in my backseat. There was this one guy who started vigorously picking his nose 5 minutes after he got in my car. His finger must have been touching his brain. For the next hour I wondered where he was putting his buggers. I mean it bothered me to think he could be flicking them on my floor or rubbing them off on my seats. I don't even do that in my car. I guess it still bugs me.

Anyone else have a winner? Doesn't have to be a slug. I ridden with a couple first place drivers too.

Hug a slug today
Thanks4TheRide View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanks4TheRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 1:23pm
Oh gross! [xx(] I was a rider and happened to be in the front seat and out of my side vision I saw the driver vigorously picking his nose. I couldn't even look at him or turn my head I just looked straight. I couldnt wait to get out of there, I washed my hands as soon as I got into my building. I carry Purell now. YUCK!!!
I ride from Tackett's Mill to Crystal City.
rchqmc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchqmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 2:02pm
You know that is funny, I was a rider in the front and I saw a guy in the back picking his nose too from the mirror. It was in the past 3 weeks on the way home (drop off Tacketts). I was so grossed out. I can only imagine what the driver thought! =^)
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 2:46pm
We picked up a rider one afternoon who refused to sit in the back because of motion sickness. Not even five minutes into the ride home, she began to snore quite loudly for the remainder of the trip, from the front seat.

:'}
jacksmeoff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksmeoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 3:12pm
LOL! I was a rider in the back seat and I saw the driver and the front seat passenger picking the others nose! It was so gross it made me car sick until I fell asleep and started snoring. When I woke up, my sinuses were congested.

You don't know Jack!
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 4:11pm
Grossest thing I ever saw was a day when a passenger riding in my vehicle asked me to pull over on HOV so that he could vomit....

I stopped, he got out of the car, threw a putrid smelling red layer of vomit on the jersey wall, wiped his mouth got back in the car and proceeded to tell me about how he had been drinking the night before, and liked to have V8 in the morning to lower his blood pressure.....(Like I cared to know either detail)

Dude smelled like rotten tomatoes...gross, made the other poor lady in my car ill, and I couldn't get the smell of used V8 out of my nose the entire day.....ugh!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 4:34pm
Now this is really bizarre, so the squeamish should probably stop reading right here.

I picked up a pretty good sized gentleman and a pettite lady from Rt 3. The whole trip, neither used a cell phone, snored, or did anything obnoxious. When we got to the Pentagon, they got out, said "thank you" and closed my doors gently!

I almost fainted from the shock!

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 10:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]Now this is really bizarre, so the squeamish should probably stop reading right here.
I picked up a pretty good sized gentleman and a pettite lady from Rt 3. The whole trip, neither used a cell phone, snored, or did anything obnoxious. When we got to the Pentagon, they got out, said "thank you" and closed my doors gently!
I almost fainted from the shock!

Like I said in the first post, your trip sounds like my average trip both riding or driving. Everyone is civilized. There is this one driver I've ridden with but won't ride with again who CANNOT stand anyone passing them. Normally this bonzo drives 80 in the left lane but if someone pulls by then its pedal to the medal, even in bumper to bumper traffic, in and out of lanes, cutting people off, cutting in front, slamming on brakes at the last minute, blowing his horn, and TALKING to the other drivers even though they can't hear until he passes the person that passed them - its like riding with a 16 year old whose got more pimples than brains. Since he usually tailgates to get people to move out of the way, while HUMMING to himself, so close that you can't see a license plate, I call this insane hummer Mr. BumperHugger. Wonder if this nut is on this board? Hmmm?

Hug a slug today
SlugR View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 9:56am
Once got picked up by a driver (female) and passenger (male) who knew each other and were possibly a couple. I was in the back seat. Just prior to the Pentagon off ramp, they started talking quietly and pulled on to the shoulder. The passenger then opened his door and puked his lungs out. They drove another 100 feet and he did it again. No word to me about "sorry, he's ill," or "he had a bad night" or anything. He just puked on the asphalt then went their merry way and dropped me off. Probably not unusual for them, but I've never exited a car faster!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 11:55am
SlugR,
That's a side effect of chemotherapy on cancer patients.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic