Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New slug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindi0601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New slug
    Posted: 14 Sep 2002 at 12:58pm
I'll be commuting to DC soon, and am new to this game. I hear that slugging is the way to go. The Rt. 3/Gordon Rd. lot would be easiest for me. I'll be going to the Federal Triangle area - our office will be on 15th St., NW, between F and G Streets. Assuming I'd be returning from a 14th St. slug line. Can anyone tell me if the Rt. 3 line would work for me, or would I be better off starting from Rt. 17 or even 610? Would I have any difficulty getting from 14th St. back to Rt. 3? If so, are there other reasonable options for getting home?

Thank you!
Cindi

USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 8:13am
If you're considering Route 3, make sure you read the thread about the BO lady in the "General Slugging Topics" thread:

Link to thread (it is three pages long)

quote:

I'll be commuting to DC soon, and am new to this game. I hear that slugging is the way to go. The Rt. 3/Gordon Rd. lot would be easiest for me. I'll be going to the Federal Triangle area - our office will be on 15th St., NW, between F and G Streets. Assuming I'd be returning from a 14th St. slug line. Can anyone tell me if the Rt. 3 line would work for me, or would I be better off starting from Rt. 17 or even 610? Would I have any difficulty getting from 14th St. back to Rt. 3? If so, are there other reasonable options for getting home?

Thank you!
Cindi

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 12:22pm
In light of the advice provided above, I can only say that from Rt. 17 there are a fair amount of slug drivers going "downtown", although their existence seems sparse these last few weeks (probably temporary).

Whether you choose Rt. 3 or Rt. 17, the Pentagon in the p.m. seems like the best option for you in the afternoon. I have not had to personally deal with the "B.O. Lady" as I do not ride to Rt.3, but it seems as though ridership at Rt. 17 has gone up since her emergence (makes me feel like I'm describing a Big Foot sighting).

K.O.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 12:44pm
I think it sounds more like a "Seinfeld" episode....I'm thinking of the one where Kramer called Jerry an "anti-dentite." Perhaps the Rte. 3 drivers are "anti-scentites."

I haven't dealt with the BO lady either because I live near Springfield, but I follow the thread because I frequently travel south on Fridays--well, and because it's funny .

quote:

In light of the advice provided above, I can only say that from Rt. 17 there are a fair amount of slug drivers going "downtown", although their existence seems sparse these last few weeks (probably temporary).

Whether you choose Rt. 3 or Rt. 17, the Pentagon in the p.m. seems like the best option for you in the afternoon. I have not had to personally deal with the "B.O. Lady" as I do not ride to Rt.3, but it seems as though ridership at Rt. 17 has gone up since her emergence (makes me feel like I'm describing a Big Foot sighting).

K.O.

Cindi0601 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindi0601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2002 at 7:26pm
Thanks for your input. Looks like I'll be the driver for awhile - working long hours initially, so will be picking up slugs in the a.m. only.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2002 at 9:27am
If you are going to be a driver, why not try the Route 630 lot. It is easy to get in and out of and we need drivers since it is a newly formed line...

Tisa Shillingburg
Cindi0601 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindi0601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2002 at 10:31pm
Tisa - Just to show you what a novice I really am - where IS the 630 line?? I'd be happy to pick up there. Thanks for your help!

Cindi

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 1:38pm
Take a look at:
http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/route-630.asp

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 1:57pm
Thanks Admin!! I truly appreciate your help.

Tisa Shillingburg
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 7:28am
Cindi - which lot did you decide to use? I tried Rt 630 this AM and it went well (got to the 630 Commuter lot at ~6:10AM, walking in to the Pentagon at 7:03AM).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic