Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New slug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindi0601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2002 at 2:30pm
I haven't started yet - I'm estimating 11/1. Waiting for our D.C. office to open. Right now, I'm still in Chantilly. I'm looking forward to trying the 630 lot!

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 9:00am
If you're closest to the Rt. 3 lot, don't let these other jokers talk you into going to 630. I understand their attempt to build up their stop but after you drop off your slugs in the evening, you're going to be a considerable distance from home yet...plus the ramp going south on I-95 from 630 is an absolute death trap. Do what's most convenient for YOU, not THEM.

K.O.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 10:40am
How do any of you folks feel about this sniper business, especially the Route 3 folks given that he struck once on Route 3 and once at the next exit down the highway?

quote:

If you're closest to the Rt. 3 lot, don't let these other jokers talk you into going to 630. I understand their attempt to build up their stop but after you drop off your slugs in the evening, you're going to be a considerable distance from home yet...plus the ramp going south on I-95 from 630 is an absolute death trap. Do what's most convenient for YOU, not THEM.

K.O.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 11:20am
Kortegel,

What on earth are you talking about the ramp going to southbound I-95 being a "death trap"? It is a standard merge situation and the merge lane is actually quite long so that you have plenty of time to merge over. It's only a "death trap" if you have difficulty with the concept of merging in which case you shouldn't be using I-95 at all!! Cindi can choose which lot she wants to use, whether it's by convenience or timing but you shouldn't be giving her false information.
Cooper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 12:09pm
quote:

How do any of you folks feel about this sniper business, especially the Route 3 folks given that he struck once on Route 3 and once at the next exit down the highway?

quote:

K.O.

Cooper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 12:14pm
I'm very concerned about sniper business. Have not slugged since last week. Am praying they will catch this crazy.

quote:

quote:

K.O.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 12:52pm
I am quite concerned about it too. We as slugs are "sitting ducks" while we are waiting for rides. I take back my suggestion that slugs wait for rides right by the road at Route 630 until this crazy person is caught. My slug buddies and I waited in my car until a driver showed up because it really isn't safe for us to be standing out in the open, especially when most of the lots are right off of the interstate. So please everyone stay safe and look out for one another.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:04pm
The constant arguing that's going on lately may turn off any new people who come to these boards looking for information.

quote:

Kortegel,

What on earth are you talking about the ramp going to southbound I-95 being a "death trap"? It is a standard merge situation and the merge lane is actually quite long so that you have plenty of time to merge over. It's only a "death trap" if you have difficulty with the concept of merging in which case you shouldn't be using I-95 at all!! Cindi can choose which lot she wants to use, whether it's by convenience or timing but you shouldn't be giving her false information.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:10pm
I am not trying to argue with Kortegel but I feel that is blatant misinformation that he/she passed along regarding the Route 630 exit ramp onto southbound I-95. I have lived off of Route 630 for 25 years and that information that he/she was attempting to get out is simply not true, there is no difficulty in merging from the ramp onto I-95 south.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:14pm
Death trap may be a bit strong but Shelly it is not all that easy either. Any of the merges along 95: 17, 630 or 610 are all difficult to manage on some days. A heads up to any perspective driver on those ramps...keep your eyes open, traffic is not always willing to let you in!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic