Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow Days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 8:37am
Tip?? Give me a break.
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 8:55am
Oh 122582, give the tipping issue a break. You are starting to sound like a beggar on a street corner!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 12:19pm
quote:
Originally posted by MSCUSN
[br]Oh 122582, give the tipping issue a break. You are starting to sound like a beggar on a street corner!

And standing in line for a free ride is different how???
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 2:11pm
Actually under circumstances such as that, I would tend to say that I would be VERY appreciative of a tip, under THOSE conditions. Studded tires aren't cheap and I go through them every 2yrs or more. Unfortunately I don't always have the luxury of taking snow days or dealing with the train's schedule though.
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 3:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by RobertLangDirect
[br]What about Emergency-Snow Days. I do not know the current status but two years ago, the bus was FREE from 234 to Springfield with a FREE transfer to boot. That is, my tramsfer was a
"walk through" to get to the Metro.

Does anyone no the current rules?

So do you mean that on emergency snow days the bus will not come all the way to town? I recently moved to the Potomac Mills area from Burke, so I just want to make sure I am clear on the bus schedule. Thanks!
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 4:07pm
I still work even if it snows, and must drive every day. If there are riders that a way home or to work between Montclair and DC, just e-mail me and will see what we can do.

PanaRican, you can still ride with me anytime [:o)]
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 7:47pm
So do you mean that on emergency snow days the bus will not come all the way to town? I recently moved to the Potomac Mills area from Burke, so I just want to make sure I am clear on the bus schedule. Thanks!

You better check your bus line. Some bus lines adjust schedules, pick up points and routes and unless you know what those changes are you may end up waiting for a bus that doesn't come - in fact its already left. If the buses bail out early and you can't leave work you have a problem. If you say "I can catch the train" think about how you will get from the train to your car. That can be a hike. Taxis don't like the snow cause they can't make money. If it starts snowing heavy a lot of folks driving bail out early. Best suggestion I've heard so far for slugs is plan on leaving early. Finally if you are lucky and I pick you up and we get safely to the parking lot (we should, I take the 4WD when it snows and I grew up where it snows a lot, so I know how to drive in the snow) some of the parking lots don't get plowed out very well. That snow that was between cars gets pushed up against cars. You, your car, your hat and a snow pile higher than your car is no fun. Everyone needs a back up plan for when it snows. Best plan, if you can, stay home if the weather forecast says heavy snow through the day. Good luck all. Even the retard trolls on this board begging for tips deserve to get home in ugly weather.

Hug a slug today
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 9:11am

Are you joking? It is different because the drivers need the riders and the riders need the drivers.

quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by MSCUSN
[br]Oh 122582, give the tipping issue a break. You are starting to sound like a beggar on a street corner!

And standing in line for a free ride is different how???

savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 4:00pm
now sure where you live but if you live in prince william county i'd suggest taking the omniride. normally they will take you to the springfield metro station and then you take the train to your destination. has worked very well for me for snow days/possible snow days. hope this helps.
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 4:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by savannahr1
[br]now sure where you live but if you live in prince william county i'd suggest taking the omniride. normally they will take you to the springfield metro station and then you take the train to your destination. has worked very well for me for snow days/possible snow days. hope this helps.

MUCHOS GRACIAS! [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic