Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWake Up People! HOT lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 11:35am
NoSUV,
I-66 doesn’t have slugging. Let’s see, those people live in a freakin’ nightmare M-F still. Unless you (i.e, we) go to high-speed rail right up the 95 slugging is the answer, not the problem.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 11:49am
quote:
Originally posted by HOV3Slug
[br]NoSUV,
I-66 doesn’t have slugging. Let’s see, those people live in a freakin’ nightmare M-F still. Unless you (i.e, we) go to high-speed rail right up the 95 slugging is the answer, not the problem.

H3S: Why do you suppose that Gov elect Kaine is choosing the I-66 corridor as a transportation focus area? I think it's because it doesn't have slugging - and therefore is a "more deserving" candidate for transportation funding. Again, if slugging had never started, don't you think more attention (and funds) would be diverted to 95/395?
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 11:57am
NoSUV,
Your logic is scaring me now.
BabblinMan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 12:40pm
sadly, for many of us it just isnt that simple. we have trouble getting started, we have trouble keeping the pace and too often we simply give up or our enthusiasm and determination trickle away, like a stream petering out. a lost sheep in the quest for little bopeep

BabblinMan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 12:57pm
don't yell at me! stop it! your not the boss of me, don't tell me waht to do.
i told you to stop following me
get outta my head! quit it, eat the frog...go get your sister outta the toilet
frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 12:59pm
Oh my god! Have I just stepped out of the HOV lane and into the twighlight zone? The heck is all this about? Go away kid!
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 1:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by BabblinMan
[br]don't yell at me! stop it! your not the boss of me, don't tell me waht to do.
i told you to stop following me
get outta my head! quit it, eat the frog...go get your sister outta the toilet

Congressman - Keep up the great work!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 1:33pm
Ok I'm lost. What congressman?
I agree with Joan of arch. What better options would there be if we didn't have slugging? See, we are saving money but the government is losing money in their eyes.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 2:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by HOV3Slug
[br]NoSUV,

H3S: Why do you suppose that Gov elect Kaine is choosing the I-66 corridor as a transportation focus area? I think it's because it doesn't have slugging - and therefore is a "more deserving" candidate for transportation funding. Again, if slugging had never started, don't you think more attention (and funds) would be diverted to 95/395?

Dick Boyd's opinion. If slugging had never started, there would be no development on Shirley Highway corridor. Virginia did not want an Interstate in this area. Virginia was concentrating on the Bay Tunnel.

Virginia's involvement with federal goovernment was more with DOD through the Navy in Norfolk, the Marines and FBI at Quantico, the Army at Fort Belvoir. The Pentagon, Coast Guard stations and the like.
My thoughts at the time were that Virginia was afraid of an invasion by Yankees, or worse yet a Marylandization of Virginia. To some the feds were not paying their way, so why encourage more? But that is ancient history. Even those history notes are being rewritten.

For a sanity check, observe how the money that does come to 95/395 is used. Springfield Interchange for instance. Would that money have been better spent on two outer beltways to divert through traffic?

Have you recruited a slug today?

dickboyd@aol.com
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2005 at 11:21am
Sorry I lost my train of thought, i was sitting at my desk and the phone started ringing, i didn;t know what to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic