Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What A Joke!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 9:58am
quote:
Originally posted by Moody Girl
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]How Ironic that you actually posted this and contributed to the madness....

This site is still very helpful when it wants to be, I think the high gas prices, and noxious fumes from dirtier fuel is making people crazy...

Dhacim,

It has been quite some time since my last post. This is because I could see how out of control these posts were becoming and did not feel a need to participate.

However, I logged on this afternoon and was dissappointed to see that it had not gotten any better. I was hoping that some people would see how much damage they are doing to the slug system and maybe think twice about the garbage they put out here. Apparently, that was a mistake! Forgive me for sharing my opinion (I thought that opinions were welcome here).

As for you, you did it! You must be so proud. One more post for you! I believe you have all the red stars you can get?????

Hot damn you are Moody....

I just thought it was ironic then added my two cents that I thought despite the fact that there was madness on this board, which you certainly added to with your opinion (which is welcome by the way). I wasn't trying to start a fight with you, just sharing an observation as you did. Please forgive me.

By the way, I have been a member of this site for almost 4 years now, at 122 posts I hardly think I qualify as a poster who is only out to get stars. I have a life outside of Slug-Lines.com, I don't idolly spend my work day posting just so that I can get stars....please.

Moody, lighten up, have a good day, be entertained by the board. As others have said, there is still value to be had on the forum. And if you don't like it, don't read it. Toodles.

-"When fate closes the door, go through the window"
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 10:00am
MoodyGirl: I agree with your original post completely. I have used this board over the past couple of years for info, and I finally posted a "warning" to slugs due to a bad experience. I was immediately criticized as being a liar and a troll by those with lots of posts. I finally determined that the board has been sort of seized and controlled by a few. I think that's sad. I like reading and knowing the opinions of others.

Becky
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 10:23am
I feel the site is helpful, at least it has been to me. But I do have to agree, there are a few that if you disagree with them, criticize you excessively. Those same few are also the ones that preach slugging at any cost and anything offered different to a free ride falls into their sites. I guess they have their right to voice their opinion as well as others.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 11:14am
I sincerely hope that the last two posts were not inferences at me. I did not post in this thread to start a fight, merely made an observation. I welcome opinion, and conjecture. And although I have been involved in some debates regarding slugging issues, I also have shared and received helpful advice.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 11:30am
N or S is exactly right. The site is packed full of useful info. The (Gossip) Message board are for opinions and in your case venting. If you don't like what you see here then don't reply. Nobody wants to be accused of "running up their post count" for colored stars.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 11:52am
I ran up my star count and regularly post. Am I guilty?

I suppose so. Some people just naturally "talk" more than others.

Would be good to get more positive voices speaking up as I'm sure there are plenty sitting on their typing fingers out there right now.

Engaging with people, especially "difficult" people is a worthwhile endeavor. Too much of our society (especially!) as Americans (thinking independence=self-interest) is focused on the things that divide us rather than rallying around those things that make us a stronger, better people. We get to choose everyday what kind of person we are and are becoming.

You don't really "win" any wars/fights/disputes. These only serve to divide. Engaging on common ground and then forming meaningful relationships from that then takes people to looking at the differences they have and allows them to go further in their relationships with one another.

I would love to see an America where positives are emphasized rather than merely running down others. Talk show on this morning (not my normal commute destination) about the "debates" and ads for VA governor. They are both mostly just slinging mud at each other rather than putting forth their own positive view of how things should/could be. Politics is like that. Politicians like to divide us so they know who to "count on" for their vote (sounds like manipulation to me). Please consider not playing that game.

Look for the good in others, get to know your neighbors (riders/drivers), and ultimately we can have communities that genuinely care for one another and can then understand (even if not agreeing) other positions and how folks got there.

Preaching done for today! Enjoy the English weather!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Uhura1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 9:05am
quote:
Originally posted by Moody Girl
[br]Slug-lines.com has turned into a freakin joke! [:(!]

Although this website provides some very useful tools to slugs, I found that a lot of tips USED to come from the Message Board. NOT ANYMORE!

The only thing the Message Board provides now is egotistical "members" that care more about the number of posts they have than providing valuable information. I find this very sad. [V]

With the gas prices rising, I have met many newbies in the line and most of them have a lot of questions. I find myself trying to give them all of the information I can without referring them to this website.

Slugging is just as beneficial to the drivers as it is to riders and with the animosity on this website, I feel that eventually the system will suffer. [V]

I agree completely.

Live Long and Prosper
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 11:44am
This board is no different that any other board. There is helpful information and seriousness; however, there is also ridicule and jokes, but that's all part of the process. This is an outlet for most, so you can almost expect anything to be posted.
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 8:59am
What is going on around here?
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2005 at 10:30am
My sincere appologies to the slugging community in regards to successfully moderating this website. I will try to be more active in the future. My hope was that the slugging community would in effect help moderate this forum. I have deleted numerous threads that I thought were inappropriate.

Sincerely,
Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic