Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kilgore or Kaine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kilgore or Kaine?
    Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 2:00pm
I need some info on whick candidate supports HOT. I believe Kaine does and Kilgore against HOT. True?? Im against HOT and the candidate against it has my vote.....
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 2:45pm
This is true.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 4:08pm
Recommend looking at their web sites. I've been on Kaine's and he supports HOT. I've not been on Kilgore's.
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 4:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]I need some info on whick candidate supports HOT. I believe Kaine does and Kilgore against HOT. True?? Im against HOT and the candidate against it has my vote.....

Kaine supports welfare for liberal transgendered sodomite atheist America haters who want to have an abortion. Because Kaine is HOT for that kind of person.

Bet you thought I was off topic. [8D]

Hug a slug today
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2005 at 6:19pm
Just because your profile name describes how your mama conceived you - I wont judge your comment as anything but an inexcusable failure to exercise intelligence or sound judgment
rchqmc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchqmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 9:32am
Here are the websites if interested:

www.kaine2005.org

www.jerrykilgore.com

HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 1:02pm
http://www.kaine2005.org/issues/transportation.php

Hot Lanes and Public-Private Partnerships -- Tim Kaine supports the use of HOT lanes to supplement existing lanes. HOT lanes are variable toll lanes that react to congestion. A new HOT lane project was just approved for 14 miles of the 495 Beltway between the Springfield Interchange and the Dulles Toll Road. The two new HOT lanes in each direction will supplement the existing lanes and provide greater capacity for moving traffic. Tim Kaine will continue to encourage carpooling to reduce congestion by allowing carpoolers to ride free in HOV/HOT lanes.

http://www.jerrykilgore.com/contents/issues/transportation.shtml

RENEWED COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS AS A MEANS TO BUILD NEW ROADS FASTER AND MORE ECONOMICALLY

Since its creation in 1995, the Public-Private Transportation Act has allowed VDOT and private industry to team up to build new roads and improvement projects. But lengthy processes and red tape stand in the way of this being a viable tool for use in the future. It sometimes takes longer to get a project approved than it does to construct it. As Governor, Jerry Kilgore will make a commitment to the use of public-private partnerships as a viable tool for road construction, will streamline the Public-Private Transportation Act process to gain approval in a faster and responsible manner, and will direct VDOT to seek out opportunities for new partnerships. Jerry Kilgore will also seek to develop new and existing partnerships for rail and transit systems to move cars and trucks off the roads.

I think we're screwed. I think this is Kilgores way of saying he is for HOT lanes too. If I don't have a clear NO on HOT lanes up and down 95 I'm voting Potts.
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 2:01pm
Sorry about the Potts vote. I'm yes to Pro-Life before I'm no to HOT Lanes. I didn't realize the Potts homepage was drawing such a big line in the sand on the ProChoice issue.

I sure hope Kilgore is NO to HOT up and down 95. There's a little ambiguity in his web site to hope that way.[8D]

Beckie5 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckie5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 2:32pm
If HOT lanes go into action on 95 and 395 where will the HOT lanes be put? Are we just adding another layer to the problem, by not creating more roads? If you look at the traffic right now, with HOV and Hybrids in the HOV lanes, you can clearly see that we have congestion. I have seen as many as 15 hybrids in the HOV with single drivers during my ride to the Pentagon. If those 15 hybrid drives would ride together (3 in each car) it would elimate 5 cars, therefore helping to ease traffic. Now, if we allow the HOV lanes to be used as HOT lanes too, wouldn't that even cause more congestion? The lanes being used on the Dulles Toll Road, doesn't have the traffic that the HOV lanes on 95 and 395 have, so it probally does work to allow HOT lane use. Plus, remember that HOT lanes in Calfornia work because of back roads and side roads that help ease congestion, something we don't have going up and down 95 and 395. I believe that HOV should be carpooling only. The lanes were created to benefit those who ride share in order to ease the congestion on the regular lanes and conserve engery. With the current gas prices and oil issues, more people would benefit in the HOV by carpooling, slugging, and using mass transit. So I'm against the HOT lane unless Virginia builds additional lanes labeled as HOT lanes and not include them with the HOV lanes!
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 3:25pm
This is my understanding of the layout:

A third lane (HOT Lane) would be added to where the current HOV lanes are now. South of the current HOV lanes a new left lane would be added to each side of 95. Those would be HOT lanes. Thus, HOV3-FREE would not exist south of Route 234.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic