Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Triangle/Quantico Crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 10:49am
It's all my fault. I drive 45 MPH in the left lane when slugs don't tip.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
Sticky Bandaid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky Bandaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 1:42pm
Billy, billy, billy. If you want to Hug a slug today, then you must be trying to start sumpin. If we were all the same, life would be downright boring. One of the benefits of slugging is obtaining other viewpoints than your own. Slug-lines.com provides the same. Like now. [:D]
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 2:16pm
Billy Willy, you took the words right out of my mouth.

(Hmm... or did I take them out of yours?)

P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 2:17pm
quote:

You forgot the most important one: everybody following too closely. nearly every accident is a rear-ender caused by failing to leave enough room between yourself and the car in front of you. Also, if someone is following YOU too closely you must leave extra room between yourself and the car in front of you so both you and the idiot behind you can stop in time to avoid getting involved in something that happens in front of you.

I TRY to keep that safety space in front of me, but as soon as I get it, someone sneaks in because they think I have too much space in front of me. [:p]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 2:33pm
Haven't ever been able to find the computations, but someone did a study about that very thing P8.

Found the time loss was very minimal if people kept cutting you off and taking away your following distance. The time savings to my way of thinking is the time I don't spend at the scene of the accident and the resultant body shop and phone call time from that accident.

Would like to have numbers to back up this assertion, but can't find it.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 4:37pm

You forgot the most important one: everybody following too closely. nearly every accident is a rear-ender caused by failing to leave enough room between yourself and the car in front of you. Also, if someone is following YOU too closely you must leave extra room between yourself and the car in front of you so both you and the idiot behind you can stop in time to avoid getting involved in something that happens in front of you.

Yeah but then if you have to keep the distance, both of you are then speeding and guess what? BIG ticket. The police might think you were racing.
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2005 at 4:41pm
What I don't get is how are the speeders not paying attention to the parked cars on the freeway? I yell at them to slow down, but I'm not sure they hear me. Perhaps making a sign would help?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 7:00am
I thought the accidents were all caused by hybrids... Or maybe that was none caused by them.
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 7:17am
We have Maniacs out there driving and they shouldn't be. Some guy was riding on someones bumper so close and i swear I thought they were going to wreck.

quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]What's going on I-95 down south of the HOV lanes? [?]

For at least a couple days this week and several other times since schools started back up, there have been morning accident reports on TV and radio "just south of the HOV entrance between Quantico and Dumfries".

Is it really that hazardous down there, or are drivers just being that careless? Seems to be a regular pattern of accidents there. [V]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 11:14am
Good point. I have a question: How do we know the drivers are allowed to transport slugs? Do they have some sort of visible card like the cab drivers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic