Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isn't this free?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macncheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isn't this free?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2005 at 5:40pm
I just started out here, but the other day I guy I rode with asked me if I'm driving too. He said I should drive a couple of days a week to keep things balanced out. Are we expected to drive? I thought this was all free. Why should I have to waste money if there are already enough drivers?
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2005 at 6:29am
MNC,

Maybe he only suggested you could drive a few days, not told you that you should.

Being new to this, you might make sure you've read and are following the slug guidelines. I can imagine some driver telling a slug to drive if they aren't up on the social ettiquette of slugging. I'm sure that probably doesn't apply to you though.

Free is a relative term when it comes to slugging. Everyone is giving something up (convenience, riding solo) to get something of greater value (saved time, reduced commuting costs, etc.).

Slugging works congenially when folks participate in a symbiotic agreement. Look around this site to gain an understanding of what's expected and how slugging works.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2005 at 11:34am
quote:
Originally posted by macncheese
[br]I just started out here, but the other day I guy I rode with asked me if I'm driving too. He said I should drive a couple of days a week to keep things balanced out. Are we expected to drive? I thought this was all free. Why should I have to waste money if there are already enough drivers?

Ignore N_or_S. He's a bombastic ass. If you carpool you cut your own deal with your fellow carpoolers. If you slug you ride for free. Period.

Hug a slug today
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2005 at 11:52pm
Hi

First, BillyBackSeat is totally wrong. NoSoBound is a great driver. His attitude and congeniality is second to none on this board. Second, on the ride or drive thing, its a touchy call. My car is not the type of car most slugs look for, I smoke, and its less than immaculate as my four year old did a number on it. So I have always opted to get in line for a ride. Its your call, there is no obligation to drive as far as I know...it does help if, you are able and have a vehicle worthy to drive but its not required.
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2005 at 9:00am
We should make a movie about our slugging experiences and invite the fueding. This is great!
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2005 at 7:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by CallmeMrSlug
[br]Hi

First, BillyBackSeat is totally wrong. NoSoBound is a great driver. His attitude and congeniality is second to none on this board. Second, on the ride or drive thing, its a touchy call. My car is not the type of car most slugs look for, I smoke, and its less than immaculate as my four year old did a number on it. So I have always opted to get in line for a ride. Its your call, there is no obligation to drive as far as I know...it does help if, you are able and have a vehicle worthy to drive but its not required.

What part of my post is wrong? N_or_S is a bombastic ass. Fact. A carpool you form your own arrangement. Fact. Slug and you ride free. Fact. You sound like his boyfriend.

Hug a slug today
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 5:21pm
You should drive at least a day or two per week, or you should tip your drivers.

Keeps you from becoming an bottom-feeder.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 8:44pm
Are you a driver??? If so, I think maybe your in the wrong line of work. Maybe you should get into the Taxi business.
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]You should drive at least a day or two per week, or you should tip your drivers.

Keeps you from becoming an bottom-feeder.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2005 at 3:15am
Billy,

I'd send this in email if you had contact info associated with your nym, but you don't so I have to make this appeal public.

Ok, it's one thing to stay in "forum world" where you don't have to face anyone and you can be a big brave boy. It's quite another to look someone in the face and actually be a man enough to say the things you might type.

I'd like us to arrange a meeting face to face. You call the time and place.

I believe most differences can be settled through dialogue. Everyone is worth meeting to work things out. I've apparently hurt your feelings and am willing to make amends.

If you're willing, let's meet and discuss the differences. If not, then we know who is made of what.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2005 at 6:31am
N or S Bound, I doubt you'll get a face to face meeting with BillyBackdown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic