Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slugger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denisealena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slugger
    Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 9:12am
Good Morning all;

I have never slugged before, but am interested in trying it. I live in Springfield, and would come from the BOB's lot in Springfield, I need to get to 9th and Penn (Hoover Building), how can I accomplish that? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

J. Edgar Hoover Building
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 12:21pm
Should be easy for you. Just go stand in a line at Bob's. [:)]
The slug line people there will tell you which line to get in.
Not sure which line there will get you closest to your downtown destination. Maybe L'Enfant Plaza or 14th Street? Good luck. [:)]
Denisealena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denisealena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 3:09pm
Thanks - - but 14th and L'Enfant, I don't even know where those are. I am guessing that the driver would pass 9th on the way to 14th and thats where he/she could let me off? Is that the way that it works? [?]

Denisey
annsyp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annsyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 3:45pm
The driver will most likely not pass 9th on their way to 14th. Most drivers cross the 14th Street bridge and go directly up 14th until they reach their destination. Some drivers will say they are going to Chinatown, which will probably work for you, but in my experience, that is pretty rare. (L'Enfant is in SW, and is probably not convenient for you, unless you can take metro)

Your best bet is to take a ride going up 14th to Penn or so (whichever is closest) and walking the five blocks.

Also, it never hurts to ask your driver where they are going exactly. I used to go up 18th, but I'd drive all the way over to 21st to get to work. You may find someone who says '14th' because that is common, but they are driving your way anyway.
Hope this helps!
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2005 at 2:30pm
Try the post office route. I followed a postal worker one day and found their route was quicker to the Hoover building from Springfield. She didn't say if that route would change when I asked her but it does seem faster.
Give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic