Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So many complaints

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2002 at 1:51pm
Difficult topic. Solution: Make it clear, using visual signs hanging on your windows, what are your requirements for slugs to ride with you. Peace!

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 7:33am
When people are not complaining I start to worry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pauwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 7:56am
I agree! Also, it sure beats having official rules. I've learned alot from hearing all the various points of views. PJ is right - sometimes we are unaware that our behavior has a negative impact on others and this message board has served to bring such issues to the forefront. There may be those who choose to ignore it, but it still has an overall postive impact on the slugging system. To follow Nikki's advice in the context it is presented is to maintain a stagnant way of thinking and that type of acceptance will never encourage growth and betterment of anything!

Quote from Tdar20:
quote:

When people are not complaining I start to worry!!!!!!!!!!!!

my3kids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my3kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 1:45pm
I think this message board is a great way of communicating with other slugs, but just like Nikki if other people bother you that much RIDE BY YOURSELF!!! I have a brother-in-law who feels that way, so he wouldn't dream of picking up slugs, he'd rather spend 2 hours on 95 every morning trying to get to DC. I bet on 9/11/01 there were hardly any complaining, everyone was just wanting to get home the best way they could, regardless of language, perfume, messy car etc. Why is it that people can't just learn to appreciate other people and life and accept the fact that everybody is DIFFERENT. There have been plenty of times when I was either too cold, the car was trashed, it was smelly etc. I was just thankful to God that I made it safely to my destination. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, there are more important things to do than complain.

I know some of you will respond with alot of negative remarks, but guess what I don't care and this too will pass!! I also say, HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Monbe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2002 at 7:58am
Nice. "I don't care" and "Have a blessed day" all in the same paragraph!
thirdbag View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirdbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 4:01pm
I'm split on this one. Those issues that involve the safety of others bothers me, if it is an inconvenience like perfume/cologne, radio I'll suck it up and ride with and/or drive them. I love slugging and the great freedom of commuting it affords us all.

Both driver and slug have the opportunity to opt out of the system, but I think the message board serves a great need for us all, to vent, to complain, to warn, to educate, and advance slugging.

Go on and complain about complaining, that is your right.

thirdbag
Barbara Tabron View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbara Tabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 10:05am

I have been reading this board and it really bothers me that people have so much time on their hands to sit and complain about very minute things. You dont want people to talk on the phone, you dont want people to sleep, you dont want people to wear perfume/aftershave, you dont want people speak their native tongue. My goodness!! Ride by yourself. I cant believe this. People are that picky or maybe I am too easy going. I just like getting home in 30-40 minutes as oppose to 1.5 hours. Maybe its just me. Come on guys take it easy. Enjoy the day that God has given you. Stop worrying about things that are not important. Have a blessed day!!!

Amen to that Nikki, preach it like it is. You know the devil is always going to come up against you with negative input. To God be the glory.. God bless you and yours.

tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2002 at 2:11pm
Oh everybody LIGHTEN UP! Nikki you are entitled to your opinion just like everybody else that share there likes and dislikes have a right to theirs. I personally have experienced some of what is expressed on this board you either deal with it or you don't,slugging is a choice there is always the BUS that has to stop at every corner in DC until it reaches the HOV (gotta love that), people getting on the bus hitting you in your head with there bags and coat tails, oh and how about my favorite the wet umbrella dripping on you, or better yet various cell phones ringing all at once with all the different ringers blending together in harmony. So if you haven't got the point of this story yet it is ,yes we all have our complaints about slugging but it sure beats the BUS and also I enjoy reading about and sharing some of my slugging experiences with everyone. This board is a good thing, and you have to admit some of these stories are hilarious!! aha ahah ahh!

TBell
Robb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2002 at 11:58am

Originally posted by Barbara Tabron
[br]

I have been reading this board and it really bothers me that people have so much time on their hands to sit and complain about very minute things. You dont want people to talk on the phone, you dont want people to sleep, you dont want people to wear perfume/aftershave, you dont want people speak their native tongue. My goodness!! Ride by yourself. I cant believe this. People are that picky or maybe I am too easy going. I just like getting home in 30-40 minutes as oppose to 1.5 hours. Maybe its just me. Come on guys take it easy. Enjoy the day that God has given you. Stop worrying about things that are not important. Have a blessed day!!!

Quote from Barbara Tabron:
Amen to that Nikki, preach it like it is. You know the devil is always going to come up against you with negative input. To God be the glory.. God bless you and yours.

OH, PULEEEEZ!! Why don't you two like-minded, self-rightous people just e-mail each other privately.
bipinkk1965 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bipinkk1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 3:21pm
lets live in peace, the world is getting shattered every way. Lets not make our days bad. Be happy dont worry and dont care what others do, just sit relax and get to work

Bipin K karki
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic