Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug mentality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug mentality
    Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 8:53am
I was explaining slugging to a colleague, when another colleague asked me if I ever pick up 3. I said no, and he said that was really mean.

Now colleague #2 was a full time slug, but recently bought a Hybrid. I asked colleague #2 if he picked up slugs in his shiny hybrid, and he stated no, he bought the car so he didn't have to deal with slugs.

Interesting that a slug wants a driver to take 3, but give him a hybrid, and he suddenly doesn't want to deal with slugs anymore.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 12:54pm
Which one was colleague #2?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 1:37pm
Typical Hybrid owner mentality disease.
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2006 at 10:44am
Sounds like pretty old news to me. How is this constructive?
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2006 at 5:01pm
Sounds like someone watched too much tv as a young pod.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2006 at 12:02pm
Every individual is shelfish in one way or another throughout their lives...that's the way it is. You cant honestly say if you got a hybrid you would always pick up slugs..come on. I would, but definately not all the time.

:'}
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2006 at 12:04pm
I thought colleague #1 was the one who called you mean for not taking a third rider and colleague #2 got the hybrid so he wouldn't have to deal with slugs. So I don't understand this statement:

quote:
Originally posted by 122582
Interesting that a slug wants a driver to take 3, but give him a hybrid, and he suddenly doesn't want to deal with slugs anymore.

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2006 at 12:54pm
Colleague #1 was just curious. Colleague #2 was the former full time slug turned hybrid driver, who thought I was mean for not taking 3, but didn't want to deal with slugs now that he had "moved on up".

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
Beckie5 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckie5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 3:53pm
The Hybrid owners do not buy the cars to be environmentally friendly but to drive alone in the HOV lane. However, they receive tax breaks because the car is environmentally friendly -so why not help the environment and pick up riders? I think it's pretty stupid to pay $20K plus to ride in the HOV lane! After all it's FREE to slug!
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2006 at 9:11am
Yeah, I saw a new Hybrid Camry commercial yesterday. If only we can enforce the law that hybrids aren't allowed to drive on the HOV. Maybe we could hide the last one again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic