Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Lot (new lot) TOWING TODAY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 11:01am
Oh relax! No one is going to tow your car.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 12:24pm
There was a report in the Free Lance Star last Thursday that was talking about the State Police efforts to unclog the commutert lots, they are towing cars that are illegally parked at the end of the rows and around the curb lanes when they impede the flow of traffic in there. So it is happening and it will continue to happen until the parking is expanded to allow for all of us the park legally.
JK 14 n G View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK 14 n G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 12:56pm
In response to Tangelo53's suggestion that Rt.17 "gets going"..it IS going! it's BEEN going, and we have plenty of room for parking! For drivers who think that there aren't slugs at the Rt. 17 lot in the morning, think again! You can get slugs until 8 am going to Pentagon, Crystal City, Rosslyn and downtown. Slugs, the only problem with parking at the rt. 17 lot is that the main way to get home is the Pentagon line, and that can be very lengthy in the evenings, since a lot of drivers have made a habit of dropping off at 610/Mine Rd. even though they go further south.

Let's fill up the Rt. 17 lot and ease up on Mine Rd.!!
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:07pm
There is plenty of parking at the lowes parking lot.
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:27pm
Why weren't you warned? Did you leave you phone number on your windshield so the police can call you and ask you to come move your car? You know you parked illegally... You know you can be towed...
And why is that when a law is broken, it's always don't they have something better to do? Well don't we all wish that the police had nothing better to do than ticket and tow illegally parked cars? Sadly they do have better things to do but try to figure out what would happen if they let this chaos in the parking lot would be!

Folks... if you go to the lot and there are not parking spaces, do not make you own. You know why you shouldn’t. You know you are not special. There is a reason why there are spaces you can not park and why.
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 1:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugdude
[br][:(!]I got towed the other day and was never warned....I am very disapointed. I got at the mine road lot at 6:30 and there was no available parking spaces. I have been slugging for almost 9 years and have never been tickted or towed. I think the state police have better things to do than towing cars in a commuter lot. Ticket the out of county stickers that park there. I believe the lot should be used only by stafford county residents...We pay the taxes here and we should have parking spaces available to park. I understand if you get there at 8:00 and there is no available parking but 6:30......give me a break.[:(!]

tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 12:35pm
When I got to the 610 (main lot)this morning, 2 State troopers pulled in right behind me. Not sure if they were there to ticket/tow, but I haven't seen State troopers there, only Stafford cops.TONS of people park illegally at the main 610 lot...so if they were indeed there to ticket or tow, I am sure it is still going on!! There are probably more cars parked illegally than parked legally in that lot.[:p]
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 12:49pm
[^] As "Bob" (a very wise man) once said:
One takes one's chances when one chooses to park illegally. [;)]
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 1:09pm
BOB say: No eat yellow snow

BOB say: No spit into wind
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2006 at 1:30pm
I thought that there was parking available at the Staffordborough lot? I always see slugs getting off of the Fred bus at the Mine Road lot and this is after 7 a.m.

The parking is a major problem around here and I think they need to make another parking lot since Stafford has grown even more.

But you have to admit that its dangerous having cars parked around the curbs: you can't see around them to make a turn and people are still driving through the lot like its the Richmond Speedway despite the speed bumps and they come around these cars like no one else is trying to squeeze by on the other side.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic