Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much is too much to 'carry-on'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrybread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much is too much to 'carry-on'?
    Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 2:06am
I've recently had to start bringing a 21' carry-on bag (the small kind that would fit in an overhead compartment) with me when I slug. I usually put it on my lap and sometimes is sits at my feet. Is this a no-no? No one has turned me away but I still feel a bit awkward. How much is too much?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 7:12am
That size bag doesn't bother me, and I suspect most drivers feel about the same way. As long as you can handle it in the space you occupy in the car and not burden anyone else with it, I don't think it's a big deal. [:)] But then, there are those drivers who get pissy at most anything. [V] Good luck. [8D]
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 11:23am
I carry a backpack, which seems to be about the standard size for carry on stuff. Have never had any complaints.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:26pm
I'd prefer not a 21 FOOT as noted ( ' ) but what the hell? Why not.
I have seen some slugs carry luggage on their little ventures and was shocked that the driver allowed this only because some slugs had to wait for the next ride to come along.

And on that note: I had to wait for 38 minutes to get a ride Monday. What's up with that? WE NEED MORE DRIVERS PLEASE!!![:0]

I'd carry my matress and pillow to the slug line if I could.
frankiestein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankiestein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:28pm
I carried two duffle bags , a box I had to ship out and a rolling wheel luggage bag when i slugged two weeks ago. The driver finally got so annoyed with the items stuffed in his back seat he kicked me out in the HOV lane and I had to hitch a ride with the mail man.
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:40pm
Ok first of all , no one is kicking you out on the freeway. It's against the law. And second: the mailman, are you kidding me? What's the mailman doing in the HOV lanes?

I suppose he was riding with the milkman as well?
What's the deal with spaghetti-O's? it's not spaghetti. They should call them round O's
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:41pm
Boooo![xx(]
murphy1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:50pm
I'm a driver and don't care what you have with you, however, I think if you're carrying large bags you should take the back seat and let the other rider take the front. More room to put your things. I had a rider in my front seat who was sleeping and twice his very large backpack slid off onto my gear shift.
Pete P. Peters View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete P. Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:23pm
Pete would be worried that you were carrying a bomb.

P.S. Are you carrying a bomb?

P.P.S. Pete has not picked up any slugs for over two months. Seemed everyday that all the slugs were either ugly, uglier, or ugliest! When the sexy people start slug'n, Pete will again start lug'n.

LET'S SLUG, BABY!!!
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:48pm
Ever notice that Pete refers to himself in the third person? " Pete goes to the hoop" "Pete slam dunks" "Pete is on fire!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic