Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Parking being enforced today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 1:15pm
Good news, fellow slugs! I contacted the Freelance Star concerning all of our fustrations. In response I received a call from Edie Gross, Transportation Reporter. Shortly, she is going to do an article discussing the 610 mess and point out alternatives such as the 630 lot, etc. Maybe more people will now take advantage of the 630 lot.

swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 1:43pm
Thanks for your effort!

quote:

Good news, fellow slugs! I contacted the Freelance Star concerning all of our fustrations. In response I received a call from Edie Gross, Transportation Reporter. Shortly, she is going to do an article discussing the 610 mess and point out alternatives such as the 630 lot, etc. Maybe more people will now take advantage of the 630 lot.

tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 2:30pm
I no longer slug from 610 because I moved down to rt. 17 and now slug from there, but I used to carpool from the new lot and its actually not bad at all. If it is such a hard time to merge, why not drive for another 30 seconds to the Aquia exit, this way you will have plenty of time to merge over to the left. It's just as hard to get off I95 at 630 as well with no light at all. Just an idea.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 3:11pm
Hi Tondalea!! That sounds like a nice idea about going to the Aquia exit but then you are stuck at the back of the grid-locked traffic and that can take just as long. There is no nice way to drive on Route 610. It has been very poorly planned and cannot accomodate the high volume of traffic.

Furthermore, I don't know why you would think that it is hard to get off of the Route 630 exit in the evenings. If you are making a right off of the exit there is hardly ever a wait at all. Only if you are making a left is it backed up and since the commuter lot is to the right, why would there be a problem?!? The commuter lot is right off of the exit to boot!!

I would also like to address the fact that alot of people say they live off of Route 610 and they think 630 is too far away. I have lived in Stafford my whole life and it's extremely rare for it to take me more than four minutes to go between exits 630 and 610 via I-95. It is only like 2.5 miles between exits not to mention the fact that there are alot of back roads that link the two that can actually make it faster for people to get home from the commuter lot. Of course if you live off of Mine Road or Staffordborough Blvd., it would be rather silly to go to Route 630 since you are right there but there are lots of people (even who live off of route 610) that could benefit from the Route 630 slug-line.

Tisa Shillingburg
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 3:31pm
I prefer the Mine Road lot because I live within walking distance in the event that the Mine Rd. lot ever gets full like the one on Staffordshire.

Those VDOT engineers might have engineering degrees and are so-called experts, but what good are book smarts if you don't have common sense?

Another complaint of mine is with the Mine Road's lot's intersection where the stop signs are. They are placed so that when you pull up to the intersection you can't see if there are any vehicles flying down that center road to the light. Very dangerous.

I also think that VDOT should construct an overhead crosswalk over 610, especially when the mall is open. Kids will probably want to walk across 610 to shop or hang out and it would be safer with one of those. Not to mention us neglected commuters!

Dina
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2002 at 10:20am
I would also like to now how early slugs begin lining up at 630, and how early people actually start picking them up in the AM. I work in the Pentgon, and I rarely see anyone in the 630 line there, I usually leave work between 4:30 and 5:30.

garypash View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garypash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 10:24am
Starting Monday 21 October their will be a shuttle bus running between the North and South 610 Commuter Lots in the morning and evening. This is a trial service to help the south 610 slug line get started. It will cost 25 cents to use the shuttle between the lots. After two weeks this service will be re-evaluated by the Stafford Board of Supervisors to see if we can keep it going and how much would have to be charged to make it cost effective.
The debate on the shuttle will occur November 5th starting at 7pm at the Stafford Board of Supervisors in the County Admin Building. Please show up if you have comments or want to express support. Go to www.garrisonville.org and click on the issues button to take a survey on the shuttle service.

GaryPash
gpash@co.stafford.va.us
www.garrisonville.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic