Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGo Yellow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 3:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by Wagonman
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[brCan't wait until it goes mainstream. I personally know of no one who owns such a vehicle, and I really don't know where the nearest (well, make that any) refueling station is. On the other hand, I know a couple of hybrid owners and where to get gas.

Don't wait forever - buy a hybrid now, then buy an ethanol vehicle when more readily available. Just quit driving conventional cars UNLESS you have 3 people in them AT ALL TIMES!

There are more ethanol ready vehicles on the road than hybrids. Probably twice as many. E85 is available at the Pentagon Citgo.

Once again, all hybrids are not cleaner than conventional cars. There are conventional cars sold in California that are cleaner than hybrids. The 2005 Insight isn't even eligible to get into the HOV lanes in California because it is too dirty.

OK Wagonman, quick count - how many of you are using ethanol? Wagonman, are you?
Sparky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2006 at 6:56am
quote:
[br]
quote:
[brCan't wait until it goes mainstream. I personally know of no one who owns such a vehicle, and I really don't know where the nearest (well, make that any) refueling station is. On the other hand, I know a couple of hybrid owners and where to get gas.

Don't wait forever - buy a hybrid now, then buy an ethanol vehicle when more readily available. Just quit driving conventional cars UNLESS you have 3 people in them AT ALL TIMES!

There are more ethanol ready vehicles on the road than hybrids. Probably twice as many. E85 is available at the Pentagon Citgo.

Once again, all hybrids are not cleaner than conventional cars. There are conventional cars sold in California that are cleaner than hybrids. The 2005 Insight isn't even eligible to get into the HOV lanes in California because it is too dirty.

I thought that civilians couldn't use the Pentagon Citgo--isn't it part of the Navy Exchange and the last time I had to get gas there, civvies were limited to buying only $3.00 of gas.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 4:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
[br]
I thought that civilians couldn't use the Pentagon Citgo--isn't it part of the Navy Exchange and the last time I had to get gas there, civvies were limited to buying only $3.00 of gas.

Alternative fuel pumps are open to the public. This includes the CNG, E85, and B-20. E85 was cheaper than regular gas the last time I checked but that may have changed.

NoSUV- I'm pretty sure all gasoline car drivers here are using some ethanol. I use another renewable fuel in my vehicle.

NoSuv- here are the ratings for your car(unless you have changed to a different one):
02 Prius NOx .2 NMOG .156 CO 4.2 PM .02 HCHO .048 all in grams/mile

In contrast here is a '06 Ford Explorer with a V8
NOx .07 NMOG .090 CO 4.2 PM .01 HCHO .018 all in grams/mile

So in all categories except CO a big SUV is better than your car by an order of magnitude. Get some perspective. What are you doing to clean up your car?

Here's a link people might find useful:
http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2006 at 12:52pm
wagonman, I missed it with all of the data you provided - how many CF vehicles did you say you had? 1 of 2, 3 of 3?
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2006 at 3:40pm
Data does tend to obscure emotional arguements.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2006 at 5:26pm
quote:
[br]wagonman, I missed it with all of the data you provided - how many CF vehicles did you say you had? 1 of 2, 3 of 3?

Do you mean actually clean or fake clean with CF plates? I'm not the one driving around with clean fuel plates, you are.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2006 at 9:12am
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]wagonman, I missed it with all of the data you provided - how many CF vehicles did you say you had? 1 of 2, 3 of 3?

Do you mean actually clean or fake clean with CF plates? I'm not the one driving around with clean fuel plates, you are.

So, you don't practice what you preach? I'm surprised.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2006 at 6:09pm
quote:
[i]

What do I preach? That hybrids shouldn't be SOV in HOV because they aren't clean? How, may I ask, can I practice that? Buy a hybrid and then don't drive it in HOV? Sorry, I'm not going to be buying a hybrid any time soon. I DO use an alternative fuel and I am a frequent bus and metro rider.
I'm creating far less pollution than you are and using far less petroleum. What are you doing again? Driving a car that's dirtier than a lot of other vehicles and not making up for it by picking up riders? I really don't think you should be pointing fingers at anyone.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2006 at 6:24pm
Wagonman,
But you don't get to drive HOV solo like NoSUV does. That's the only thing that matters...
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2006 at 7:43am
quote:
[br]
quote:
[i]

What do I preach? That hybrids shouldn't be SOV in HOV because they aren't clean? How, may I ask, can I practice that? Buy a hybrid and then don't drive it in HOV? Sorry, I'm not going to be buying a hybrid any time soon. I DO use an alternative fuel and I am a frequent bus and metro rider.
I'm creating far less pollution than you are and using far less petroleum. What are you doing again? Driving a car that's dirtier than a lot of other vehicles and not making up for it by picking up riders? I really don't think you should be pointing fingers at anyone.

Can you tell us why YOU don't qualify for CF plates?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic