Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 4:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by duckduffer
[br]
Yes Mr Royal this does say Hybrids.. but the web site says Slug-Lines. This is about slugging.. not about selfish people who can afford to but a 3-4 passenger car and use it to drive them selves into work cause they can afford to.
I wish you people would stop coming here and wasting the space that is dedicated to slugging and how to make it better! The owner of this website is spending their own money so that you can commuter faster to work, not for you to tout your selfishness.

You know, whenever you find yourself using the term "you people", you should stop typing/speaking because you are making a generalization and you will ALWAYS be wrong. I think there is much more space wasted on this board by ignorant rants and raves, like yours.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2006 at 11:35am
quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by duckduffer
[br]
Yes Mr Royal this does say Hybrids.. but the web site says Slug-Lines. This is about slugging.. not about selfish people who can afford to but a 3-4 passenger car and use it to drive them selves into work cause they can afford to.
I wish you people would stop coming here and wasting the space that is dedicated to slugging and how to make it better! The owner of this website is spending their own money so that you can commuter faster to work, not for you to tout your selfishness.

You know, whenever you find yourself using the term "you people", you should stop typing/speaking because you are making a generalization and you will ALWAYS be wrong. I think there is much more space wasted on this board by ignorant rants and raves, like yours.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

VA_Hybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Hybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 10:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by Beckie5
[br]NoSUV - Are you posting your remarks from your job? ARe you a Gov't employee? If you are then thanks for wasting my tax dollars! After all you have a lot of posts. Also, this is a web site for slugging not for Hybrid Owners. So get off of our Slugging message board.

If this website is for Sluggin, why is ther a section named Hybrid?
No entiendo.
PennyPrius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2006 at 11:24pm
Let me get this str8t, people who slug ar good and Hybroid owners are bad? Gimme a break. People who pick up slugs also do it so they can ride the HOV lanes and avoid the traffic on the regular side. I am sure there are those who do it for more altruistic reasons, but not as many as there are who do it for themselves. The world is a harsh place, welcome to it.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2006 at 1:30pm
Penny, Its not a simple good vs. bad argument. And no one says that hybrid owners are bad, just SOV hybrid commuters in the HOV lanes. There is a place for everyone, and SOV commuters belong in the regular lanes. If you do the right thing, your motives are secondary. No one cares why you carpool, just that you do it! Believe me, I would love to see all those SOV hybrid drivers line up in the slug lines, picking up cheerful and appreciative slug riders!

Ex. hybrid gets 50 MPG x 4 passengers = 200 passenger MPGs. Plus that one hybrid took 3 other cars off the road, and reduced vehicle emmissions by 75% (100% divided by 4 cars x 1 car). Now that's eco-smart!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 8:02am
raymond - you still forgot to account for non-commuting miles in your vehicle.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 9:53am
I wasn't doing a comparison, NoSUV, I was just making a statement. When we carpool we all win!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:52pm
so do the comparison! Of course, the facts will be against you.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 11:31am
What facts? When we carpool we don't all win? Hmmmmm...

You need to learn to live with other people! There is a place for everyone, and SOV commuters belong in the regular lanes.

All those SOV hybrid drivers should pick up cheerful and appreciative slug riders! Here's a fact: if hybrid gets 50 MPG x 4 passengers = 200 passenger MPGs. Plus that one hybrid took 3 other cars off the road, and reduced vehicle emmissions by 75% (100% divided by 4 cars x 1 car). That's the way everyone wins with carpooling!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2006 at 9:14pm
raymond - alternate fuel vehicles and buses belong in the express lanes. No one else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic