Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2006 at 9:49am
Folks, let's all agree not to debate this last statement by NoSUV.

I mean, really, it's just not worth considering.

This thread is [xx(]
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2006 at 8:55pm
right, sponge - you just want to help bring about the destruction of the world. Have to get rid of ALL non-alternate fuel vehicles ASAP. Of course, you've been following the scientific evidence as well as the CA lawsuit.

Or maybe you just don't care. I guess you just don't have kids, and figure the world ends when you die anyway.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2006 at 12:16pm
NEWS FLASH: Hybrid gas/electric vehicles SAVE THE PLANET from utter destruction!

In the latest promotional advertisement by automobile manufacturers, they can now promise you Utopia here on Earth IF you would only trash your current vehicle by dropping it off at your county landfill and immmediately call Toyota (1-800-BUY-HYPE) for a hybrid taxi to take you to the nearest Toyota dealership where you will be able to purchase your own Special Edition hybrid entitled: "Utopian Hybridization".

One Toyota marketeer recently intimated a larger plan in which federal law would be make it illegal to drive the majority of existing vehicles currently in use today. His comment: "We do plan for this to be a federal law where we can imprison those who refuse to purchase a hybrid vehicle. I mean, like, you wanna save the whole world, right? Buy a hybrid! We have THE plan!".

Guess we found the Messiah, eh?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2006 at 2:53pm
So does that mean Ford and Honda hybrids are not permitted in the AFV lanes? [:D][:p][:o)][}:)]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 12:53pm
It's similar to all restaurants in the future being called Taco Bell....forget the movie, but the analogy works.

NoSb

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 3:16pm
I think SOV hybrids belong in the bowling lanes, not the HOV lanes.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 8:31am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]It's similar to all restaurants in the future being called Taco Bell....forget the movie, but the analogy works.

NoSb

Demolition Man
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 3:30pm
First, my $0.02. I think the idea behind a hybrid is great. It's a step towards consuming less petroleum. But, it's only a small first step. I think the American consumer is fooled if they think the hybrid is the answer. And judging by their sales, it's true.

Now we move to HOV lane debate. I have to side with the slugs on this one. I've been commuting from Springfield to NW DC for the past 10 years and have seen the HOV lanes getting more and more crowded with hybrids. I know at one time the dealers around here were advertising "buy a hybrid, get in the HOV lanes"!

Let's face it, you pay top dollar for a hybrid car to use it in the HOV lanes. Doesn't that smell like HOT lanes? Yeah, hybrids paid a toll alright. Why can't they pickup slugs? Are they too good for that? Too lazy?

That's great you're doing your part to save the environment, but if you picked up a few riders, you would be doing that much more, while easing the congestion.

Funny how the law was originally written "alternative fuel" vehicles can use HOV, which specifically excluded gasoline. Where does diesel fit into that? That's much more efficient than gas.

I know quite a few people that bought hybrids only for the purpose of saving on their fuel bills and never intended on using HOV lanes. More power to you. I occasionally see hybrids with three people in the car. More power to you. But buying a hybrid solely for the purpose of riding in the HOV? tsk tsk.

Hybrids=HOT
Drive3 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drive3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 2:30pm
I posted this in the "General" section, but I guess it really belongs with the Hybrid discussions. Here's a small article from today's Potomac News related to 2 VA delegates trying to keep hybrids in the HOV lanes for another year. Depressing!

http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WPN%2FMGArticle%2FWPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354244246&path=!news

[V]
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 3:03pm
From article:

"Exemption applies to all hybrid vehicles on I-66 and those registered after 7-1-2006 on I-395 and I-95"

I'm confused. I thought the VA legislature passed a law that any hybrid bought AFTER 7-1-2006, was required to have carry the requisite no. of people to access HOV lanes. Hybrids purchased between 2000 and 6-30-2006 have the exemption.

At least I have the bill no. to email my delegate who will, once again, send me the empty response that he will "carefully review the bill" and then vote the hybrid exemption be extended another yr.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic