Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnti-hybrid road rage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2006 at 7:40am
MDC: I gather you will be leading the charge to reduce the hours of HOV use. Thanks!

BTW, no traffic in the express lanes on I-395 again yesterday afternoon, but backups in the regular lanes - of course, WITH the hybrid exemption in place. How much longer do you think it will take before VDOT and the legislature realize that the HOV hours need reduction?

Also fascinating to see that the dire predictions about the horrors from exending the hybrid exemption have failed to materialize. Looks like the legislators got that one right!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2006 at 2:42pm
I suggested reducing the time that special SOVs could legally be in HOV. Where are you going wrong?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2006 at 7:57am
MDC: It appears as though you agreed that HOV hours should be reduced. Seems to be the most logical conclusion from your posts.

Don't forget, they are NOT HOV lanes - they are express lanes. Use your fingers to figure out the number of hours the lanes are used for HOV, and then remove your socks and shoes to help you count the number of hours the lanes are not used for HOV. Rarely if ever do you name something after its minority use.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2006 at 10:37am
NoSUV,

You gotta suck this one up bud. http://www.virginiadot.org/comtravel/hov-default.asp#nova

Probably more "authoritative" than either your or my or mdc's logic can withstand.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 2:12pm
NoSUV,
Using your logic, there are no HOV restricted hours now...
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 3:14pm
I am not sure I understand the purpose in the exchanges with NoSUV. If you say the sky is blue, he will surely say the sky is red. If you say it might be gray, he will surely twist your words against you and say that proves the sky is red. If you said saying it might be gray did not mean its red, and he misunderstood you, he will say you agreed as a logical extension that his view of the world that the sky is red is correct. I mean what is the point? It don't matter that everyone in the world knows the sky is really blue, and sometimes gray during the winter, all that matters to him is that he THINKS it is red, and your opinion really will never change his opinion even if the facts do not support him.

I guess I don't understand the purpose of engaging him when he clearly has no interest in the truth...
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 1:17pm
CMMS: Are you saying you can't get your socks off to count the hours in the day? Is proportional math beyond you? Hope not!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 2:37pm
CallmeMrSlug,
It serves a reinforcement purpose. NoSUV can keep digging as long as NoSUV wants. :p
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 2:24pm
Once again, if the hybrid owners really believe they want to save the environment, they will travel in the regular lanes. Since hybrid technology is only effective in slow traffic (notice how their city mileage is higher than their highway mileage figures), they will be saving the environment and still remain SOV. Clear up the HOV lanes for us gas guzzlers with 3 or more passengers, thus saving fuel since we no longer will be stuck in the traffic caused by the ever increasing SOV hybrids.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 7:31am
Max - actually, I get worse mileage in stop and go traffic? Do you have a clue about that which you post?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic