Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Metro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Metro
    Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 7:53am
I took my first slug to the Pentagon in a very long while (about a month or so) and just wanted to comment on how happy and surprised I was to see that the construction crew finally completed it to a point that it is again convenient to access the metro from the slug lines, and vice versa. I found it very visually appealing too.

So for those of you who have been avoiding Pentagon as an alternate slug destination because of the inconvenience, I'm happy to report that it is no longer a bother whatsoever.

Any others?

K.O.
Racee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 8:30am
Yes. I totally agree. I went there Monday for the first time in a couple of months and now with the sidewalk opened up all the way going in the direction of the sluglines, it is a breeze. There is no longer any doubling back and dodging people on the narrow bus platform. Huge difference.
Tupe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 8:55am
The fact that you no longer have to even set foot on the bus platform does make a tremendous difference. You can actually walk at a good pace, if you like, all the way to the escalators. The majority of the bus riders are coming in at the other end of the escalators (where we had to go prior to this sidewalk opening) and together with the nice wide sidewalk, it is a pleasant and short jaunt!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic