Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AVOID MINE ROAD - - COME TO ROUTE 630

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVOID MINE ROAD - - COME TO ROUTE 630
    Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 10:12am
The start-up of the Mine Road lot is the worst idea ever. The location is horrible and it will be incredibly hard to get a ride over there in the evenings. Not to mention if all of the additional drivers were trying to merge left into the already grid-locked traffic, it would be backed up down I-95!! The other wonderful option that has been proposed is to walk from the Staffordborough (old 610 lot) to the new one on Mine Road. Give me a break!! Who wants to play chicken with the traffic on Route 610? Especially as the weather starts getting colder and it starts getting dark earlier. I don't know about you all but time is precious to me and I am not going to waste it on Route 610 anymore. There is also the little problem of being towed from the old 610 lot if you park illegally. Believe me they will do it and make a killing off of you in the process. I've been towed from there along with 40 or so of my friends and they charged me $120.00 to get my car out!! Save time, aggravation, money, and your personal safety and choose the ROUTE 630 commuter lot!! Hope to see you there!!

Tisa Shillingburg
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 12:28pm
Tisa - as I said on the phone, I'll be there about6:20am tomorrow to catch a ride to the Pentagon. Drivers? ;-)

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 7:16am
My 1st day at 630 went OK. I was go to the Rt 630 Commuter Lot (stood by the bus stop) at about 6:10AM and was walking in to the Pentagon at 7:03am. I only waited about 5 minutes and was picked up by someone on their way to Reagan National Airport. They said they normally picked up someone at the 610 lot, but heard we were trying to get the 630 lot going and decided to give it a try. Will let you know how it goes tonight. I'll be at the Pentagon Rt 630 pickup spot between 4:30 and 5PM.

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 7:40am
Arbo,

I am glad the 630 lot worked out for you! I love commuting from 630 - it saves me 40-60 mins/day!

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 9:04am
I am glad it worked for you Arbo!! Keep us informed about how it's going. If people keep hearing our success stories and the drivers see that there are riders there, we'll have it going good in no time.

We actually had two cars waiting for riders this morning when I arrived and both cars had riders and were on there way within 5-10 minutes!! Just make sure you print that sign to hold tonight when you are in the 630 slug line so that people will not confuse you with the 610 group.

Tisa Shillingburg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic