Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Bus Options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 Bus Options
    Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 1:55pm
Can't seem to find information on all the different bus lines that operate from the 610 lot. Can anyone enlighten me.
Thanks

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 2:08pm
Just say "no" to Route 610!! There is no parking there. Don't even think about parking illegally since they've been ticketing and towing this week.

Tisa Shillingburg
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 3:35pm
I think you posted on wrong thread...
I was looking for bus line information.
Thanks

emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 4:42pm

LOL! This is funny!

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 4:51pm
No, I wasn't on the wrong thread, I just thought I'd warn you about Route 610's parking situation since it is really crazy there right now and there are several bus companies that go to the Route 630 lot instead. Just trying to help...

Tisa Shillingburg
emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 4:54pm

Either way you did not help him since he is looking for bus informatino, lol!

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 9:01pm
Tisa, I'm starting to understand why some people might be resisting your attempt to get something going at 630. You might not harsh folk's mellow as much if you try to sell it as offering a better option rather than destroying what already works for hundreds of 610 slugs. "Just say 'no' to Route 610!! There is no parking there." might be a tad agressive, no? In light of the fact that there is ample parking and slugging there for around 600 people every day, your half-serious rant leads me to ask. "Oh, really?". Lighten up on 610 and try to sell 630 on its own merits, which have been enumerated by a bunch of posters. It sounds pretty good and I hope it becomes successful. I'm looking forward to trying it myself - maybe even the next time I drive in.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 9:51am
I am sorry if I came across that way but I have put alot of my personal time and money in the efforts to get the Route 630 lot started and I have seen people from the Route 610 line tearing down all of my hard work and working against me. This would not be that big of a deal if I wasn't a single mother who lives paycheck to paycheck and doesn't have a whole lot of free time on my hands. The facts should speak for themselves. The Route 610 lot works great for the people that leave really early and that can find legal parking spaces. For all of us other folks, there is no legal place to park and no safe way to cross 610 so that nixes the thought of using the Mine Road lot not to mention the impact it will have on the already grid locked traffic in the evenings. I personally don't want to see people towed or ticketed as I have been in that boat myself and it cost me $120.00 to get my car back. That is why I have been campaigning so hard for the Route 630 lot to get started because it will save everyone a lot of time and frustration. I apologize if I came across too harsh, but I don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain.

Tisa Shillingburg
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 9:57am
quote:

I am sorry if I came across that way but I have put alot of my personal time and money in the efforts to get the Route 630 lot started and I have seen people from the Route 610 line tearing down all of my hard work and working against me. This would not be that big of a deal if I wasn't a single mother who lives paycheck to paycheck and doesn't have a whole lot of free time on my hands. The facts should speak for themselves. The Route 610 lot works great for the people that leave really early and that can find legal parking spaces. For all of us other folks, there is no legal place to park and no safe way to cross 610 so that nixes the thought of using the Mine Road lot not to mention the impact it will have on the already grid locked traffic in the evenings. I personally don't want to see people towed or ticketed as I have been in that boat myself and it cost me $120.00 to get my car back. That is why I have been campaigning so hard for the Route 630 lot to get started because it will save everyone a lot of time and frustration. I apologize if I came across too harsh, but I don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain.

Tisa Shillingburg

Aaaww..We know you were just kiddin'. So was I. Maybe I should have used some of those smiley thingies

Hey, I'm driving in sorta late next Thursday, is 7:30 a good time to pick up at 630?

Mike
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 11:36am
You really had me worried mycroftt, I thought you thought I was a rude person and I really am not. I just am a bit frustrated right now as you can tell...

Tisa Shillingburg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic