Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet peeves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 1:20pm
What I'd really don't understand is how going 85 mph in any Chevy Cavalier could feel like 25 mph. Our three car pool drivers drive a Buick LeSabre, a Toyota Camry, and my Grand Marquis -- and at 65 they all seem like we're doing about 65. I would think bigmike's smaller and lighter Cavalier at 85 would feel like an old jet fighter vibrating as it approaches the sound barrier! Yes, yes ... Oh, What a thrill! [:p]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 1:38pm
As funny as that sounds when I am sitting here reading it... I do have to tell you that of the 10 people I have picked up this week, and drove the EXACT same, not one person has complained. Hell, they even say I drive a manual very well and comment how smooth of a driver I am. And the cavy is not light, with me in it, the thing is 3100lbs! lol

To help ease your mind, when I REALLY want to drive fast, I go home, load up the mustang on the trailer, and go to the racetrack. I have -0- desire to drive fast, cut people off, swerve between cars, or show off on the street. Thats what the racetrack is for. So, please read this post as sincere as its meant. I drive according to conditions with my passenger's safety as my utmost concern at all times.

p.s. - you want a thrill? go for a ride at the track in my mustang, THAT is a thrill. Nothing on the street can, will, should, compare to that.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 1:30pm
movies were made this morning showing the drive in, and how it is VERY possible to do 75-80 in the HOV and also how those in the normal lanes are going the same speed.

Told ya I would have proof.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2006 at 10:54pm
Here is a video for you to enjoy. It clearly shows the speeds I do on HOV in the morning, and it also shows just how fast other drivers are going as well. Sludge, if you still feel this is unsafe driving, then you are probably the guy everyone else is honking at on their way to work. :-)

http://home.comcast.net/~prpl95c4/hov_80.MOV
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:22am
comments?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 10:56am
Yeah, I'll comment...its hard to call this a discussion board when YOU are the only one making postings!! My goodness!!

:'}
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 11:04am
I am trying to get others more active. :-)
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 11:34am
True true, kinda balsy for a newbie

"What's a balsy?"- quick- name that quote!

bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 11:42am
got me, must be a movie I had never seen.

I am not new to message boards, I am a member on almost 20 of them. They are GREAT for info, making new friends, but there are always those chosen few who like to give newbies a hard time.

Ballsy move? yep. But thats how bigmike works!
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 1:13pm
lol...I was quoting the dimwit don't picker (Kelley Pickler) from Am. Idol...

You go big Mike!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic