Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet peeves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 3:48pm
ha ha...yep. Sure is!!! Your a bad influence. Sorry other sluggers!!!

:'}
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 3:50pm
*whistles* me, a bad influence? noooooooo

So, traffic seems to be pretty light out, no incidents reported on the radio. I listen to 98.7 WMZQ at work.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2006 at 9:49am
I think it's dangerous enough for drivers to use cell phones. I sure hope police will pull over drivers with a video camera in their hand.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2006 at 10:02am
IF I was holding a video camera! at other points in this thread, I commented on how I have a camera mount in my car. Which means, the mount holds the camera, I just drive. Besides, my digital camera is only 4 inches by 1 inch.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2006 at 10:52am
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]IF I was holding a video camera! at other points in this thread, I commented on how I have a camera mount in my car. Which means, the mount holds the camera, I just drive. Besides, my digital camera is only 4 inches by 1 inch.

And I suppose you have remote control buttons on your steering wheel.

Nevermind, I don't care.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2006 at 11:01am
nope, the zoom in feature was a trick I use through software. Jeez, not everything is done the old fashioned way. :-D
OPfan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OPfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 12:24pm
80 mph plus is unacceptable. Some of you mention that you are only going as fast as the exisitng traffic flow. Consider slowing down and setting a slower flow of traffic. You can find me in the left lane with the cruise control set at 70. I live for flashing lights and middle fingers.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 1:25pm
so that was YOU that was slowing traffic down this morning! You almost caused two accidents mister! Did you know you can get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic? I can quote you the section of the VA Code if you wish! Doing 55 in a 65 zone by yourself is MORE dangerous than 30 cars at 80.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 1:40pm
BM,

That's a matter of perspective. I'd rather hit a wall going 55 than 80. I think overall someone going slower than the flow is safer to themselves although it may create a hazard for those traveling at speeds greater than the posted [upper] limit.

Why is it that in our form of government, people would rather ignore the law than to get it changed?

That mindset permeates our society and perpetuates the idea that laws are relative rather than absolute.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2006 at 1:59pm
thats been a given NoSB, as adults, we tend to bend and break more laws than the kids of today do. Because we feel we have earned the right, but in reality, I think adults with that mentality are more of a danger than someone who has had specialized training and instruction, such as myself. I wont go into details but if your ABLE to handle a certain speed, going half of that on a public road is a piece of cake.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic