Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D.C. PROTESTS TODAY(10 APRIL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D.C. PROTESTS TODAY(10 APRIL)
    Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 7:43am
Sure most of you heard about the mass protest today in D.C. It will begin at 4 p.m. Sure traffic will be a mess.

BE NICE AND PICK ONE OF THEM UP TO USE AS A SLUG THEN DROP THEM OFF AT THE NEAREST AIRPORT AND TELL THEM THEY CAN COME BACK WHEN THEY ARE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 7:46am
That was very rude.

:'}
karmapolice View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karmapolice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 1:04pm
They're letting us out at 2:00PM today. I wonder how this will affect the bus service as I plan on taking PRTC home today. Their website said that they are expecting delays. What about an overload of slugs?
karmapolice View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karmapolice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 1:08pm
I'm wondering if I should just attempt going to the afternoon slug line at 2:00PM today. Maybe others who are getting out early are picking up slugs (or is the HOV not going in the southerly direction this early?)
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 1:27pm
yall are lucky, I am here til 630 tonight.
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 1:56pm
I don't leave until 5:30 and the march is supposed to be over by 4:30 - so I'm hoping there just might be some traffic but that the road closures will be overwith by then.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 2:04pm
I read they will be closing down 7-14th streets and they are meeting at the Mall at 430.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 2:42pm
**** Please do not respond to this e-mail address; it is used only by our automated alert systems and is not monitored for responses. Send responses to OMNI@OMNIRIDE.COM ****

The immigration rally and protest on the Mall this afternoon is expected to impact downtown OmniRide service for the afternoon commute. But, midday OmniRide buses will operate on regular schedule.

According to reports, DC police plan to shut down several streets in and around the Mall and employ rolling road blocks along the protest route. NBC4 reports:

“The rally, which begins at 4 p.m. between 7th and 14th streets, is being called The National Day of Action for Immigration Justice. Some groups are planning to gather at Meridian Hill Park earlier in the day and march to The Mall. Officials said protesters are scheduled to depart from the park at 3 p.m. to join demonstrators on the Mall. They'll march down 16th Street toward the White House.”

PRTC and First Transit staffs are working to minimize the impact on DC OmniRide commuters. However, passengers should be prepared for delays from this evolving event.

We apologize for any inconvenience and will continue to monitor the situation. Additional information will be provided, as needed.
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 4:37pm
I guess I can take Memorial Bridge if I have to...[?]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2006 at 4:45pm
how do you leave town? im on 7th street, NW, and only know of 12th street tunnel, 3rd street, and 14th street to get out of town.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic