Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Downtown DC Slug Line Relocation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2002 at 11:22am
Now please email the new flyer to admin and ask for them to post the it up on the site.

Also please remember that if the Mine Road lot is not convenient for you, the Route 630 lot is going strong!!

Enjoy the long weekend and stay safe.
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2002 at 11:23am
Now please email the new flyer to admin and ask for them to post the it up on the site.

Also please remember that if the Mine Road lot is not convenient for you, the Route 630 lot is going strong!!

Enjoy the long weekend and stay safe.
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2002 at 4:08pm
Do you get paid to advertise for 630? You do it so well...you should.

Think!
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 9:06am
Yes, remember Shelbybrynn has repeatedly said that she is not here to promote the 610 line. Here we go again, another promotion and advertisement.

Trish
crystalslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 12:48pm
After 7AM----LOVE MINE ROAD

Even though I work in Crystal City I take slugs to L'Enfant or Arlington Metro. It is only a few extra minutes and that is time I would have sat anyway at the current 610 lot waiting in the long line of cars (and few slugs). I also slug out of Mine Road without a problem and the parking is great.

Getting home is not a problem either. I always ask the driver before I get in the car if they mind taking me to the Mine Road lot. I have only had one driver refuse in 3 weeks. In the rare case of a refusal I just pass the ride on to the slug behind me a take the next car. Very Easy!!

FYI, I had to leave Stafford late this morning (8:25AM) so I drove up to Dale City and swung in the "Huge" new lot next to 95 and picked up two slugs. Great backup if you need it. Have a great day.

crystalslug
curtisdt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtisdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:33pm
How is the line around 0630? I hit the regular 610 lot this am because I didn't know about the switch. There were about 10 people there.

Don
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 5:26pm
I believe there is still adequate parking in the regular 610 lot around the times of 6:30. I usually show up to the Mine Rd. lot around 7:15 and have had no problems.

Horner Rd. is an excellent lot as a back up. I have had to pick up and drop off there before and loved it. :)

Think!
garypash View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garypash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 10:21am
Starting Monday 21 October their will be a shuttle bus running between the North and South 610 Commuter Lots in the morning and evening. This is a trial service to help the south 610 slug line get started. It will cost 25 cents to use the shuttle between the lots. After two weeks this service will be re-evaluated by the Stafford Board of Supervisors to see if we can keep it going and how much would have to be charged to make it cost effective.
The debate on the shuttle will occur November 5th starting at 7pm at the Stafford Board of Supervisors in the County Admin Building. Please show up if you have comments or want to express support. Go to www.garrisonville.org and click on the issues button to take a survey on the shuttle service.

GaryPash
gpash@co.stafford.va.us
www.garrisonville.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic