Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Downtown DC Slug Line Relocation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 Downtown DC Slug Line Relocation
    Posted: 03 Oct 2002 at 3:15pm
*NOTICE*

DOWNTOWN DC SLUG LINE RELOCATION

Effective Monday, 10/7/02 the downtown DC slug line is being relocated to the commuter lot on Mine Road (south of 610) due to current parking conditions (ticketing and towing).

artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2002 at 6:43am
[The 610 line will go away even for the early people that have no problem?
I thought the 630 line was a new line.
As a driver, our carpool will still meet in the 610 lot, so, if a slug is needed, we will now pick up a pentagon slug which will be less inconvenient than going to other lot for a 14th st slug.
Does everyone using the 610 slug line agree with this move?

Edited by - artplyn on 04 Oct 2002 06:44:03
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2002 at 7:32am
Good morning, I think this may be too short of a notice. A lot of people have Friday's off, and will not know about it. Maybe give it a couple of weeks and advertise more. I usually slug down to L'Enfant...and get to the slugline between 6:15 - 6:30. Will probably continue with the old lot until we know for sure that everyone is moving.

artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 7:24am
Was glad to see the 610 line in place as usual this morning. Hope this is an end to the confusing and sometimes inaccurate information.

Gefpp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gefpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 7:46am
W H A T ???!!!

quote:
FROM JILLS:
*NOTICE*

DOWNTOWN DC SLUG LINE RELOCATION

Effective Monday, 10/7/02 the downtown DC slug line is being relocated to the commuter lot on Mine Road (south of 610) due to current parking conditions (ticketing and towing).

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 7:51am
610 slug line is still going strong from it's usual location.

Vema View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 7:56am
I don't agree with Mine Rd. at all. I'm also sticking w/610. 630 would be my next choice if I'm running late. By the way, shouldn't there be some discussion before someone (Jills) makes such an announcement?

quote:

[The 610 line will go away even for the early people that have no problem?
I thought the 630 line was a new line.
As a driver, our carpool will still meet in the 610 lot, so, if a slug is needed, we will now pick up a pentagon slug which will be less inconvenient than going to other lot for a 14th st slug.
Does everyone using the 610 slug line agree with this move?

Edited by - artplyn on 04 Oct 2002 06:44:03

610slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 1:50pm
how is this going? i am still using 610 and have not heard much positive feedback for dc commuters out of mine road in the mornings.

DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 9:00am
The Mine Road lot is going strong. There were plenty of drivers and riders there this morning. I picked up and was off within minutes.

Think!
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 4:24pm
I have a new flyer stating that Mine road is not the "Relocated" slug line, but the "New" slug line for when the Old 610 lot fills up.

If you would like a copy of it, please email me at Kwest@cwa-union.org

Thanks!

Have a great weekend...with an extended day I am sure we all will.

Think!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic