Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking to Take Three?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmugrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 1:58pm
Also if you want to ride as a couple then just pass the ride to the next person.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 3:11pm
Most slug rules are common sense divided by common courtesy.

We are all in this (crappy, leaky, smelly) boat of a commute together. One can ask for a lift, and one can refuse to give a lift, and have good reasons for both.

The issue is Supply and Demand: In the evening there are fewer drivers (experience tells me), we all really want to get home, and the slug no longer has the option of pulling out the keys: it is slugging or the bus. So asking for a third speeds the largest number home fastest.

Thus does Supply accommodate Demand.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:11am
Isn't it interesting that the bottom-feeders, the people who ride only, like GMHP, object the most violently to the suggestion of sharing expenses. Years of free rides, and she squawks louder than most.

And I do know what you look like, GMHP, so when I tell you to step back, I don't want you in my car, you'll understand why.

And don't come back here whining about the long lines and the summer heat!

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:18am
So that means you also know the size of my husband, you may not know his temper when someone is rude to his wife- so you'll understand if you pull a negative attitude on me, you'll be having a bad morning.

Who said I ride only? What if I do? Does that make me any less of a person to voice my opinion on this site? You sure have no problem picking at people for thier views.

Slugging is a free system beneficial to drivers and slugs, it started free, and should continue to be that way. Free. If you arent happy with the system, stop using it.

:'}
phreakingeek View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phreakingeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:25am
I'm not sure how the thread got hijacked...but, since it's already off on this tangent...

I was wondering how many people have tipped, offered to tip, or been asked to tip a driver?

I tip the fine folks in the service industry with long standing traditions of recieving tips...waitpersons, doormen, cabbies, hotel staff...etc. but if i gave someone a ride, i'd feel uncomfortable with 'tipping' in that situation. Hence the phrase "can i give you a ride?" and not "can i sell you a ride?"

I'm no lawyer (thank God...and no offense to the honest men and women laywers, both of you) but wouldn't that raise the ugly specter of requiring drivers to then need a special license to convey paying passengers? Most states require paid drivers to have a limo license or cab permit...
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 9:11pm
GMHP,
Go home and stay home little girl. I can't stand a mouthy little bit, who has to threaten to get her husband after someone when she loses an argument.

I've seen your hubby, btw, and I could take him - I'm kind of a XXL myself. And while he's laying on the ground, I'd turn you over my knee, like your daddy should have done years ago.

I suspect that your husband would probably apologize for his mouthy wife, than risk getting hurt defending the honor of a dumpy little bottom feeder like you.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 9:38pm
[;)] C'mon kids .... play nice! [;)]
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 8:44am
See what I mean. Can anyone imagine having GMHP, her husband and 122582 in the car at the same time? Take two pax only.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 9:52am
I took three this morning, didnt see a problem with it. It was 8:50, I needed to get to work, no other cars were there so..gET IN!

:-)
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 1:10pm
Well, now you're physically threatening me with a spanking while fantasizing about my childhood rear end...any chance you work for Homeland Security?
They seem to like hiring child molesters/sexual deviants.

It's really cute that you're so e-tough(tm), a trait shared by pre-pubescent adolescents across the entire globe. If you were a real tough guy, well hell you wouldn't be nerding around on a message board EVERY day...actually if you were a real "tough guy" (tee-hee) you would post the make and model vehicle you drive along with a brief description of yourself. that way you'll actually get a chance to back up the ish you pop off.

You know I also noticed you like saying "bottom feeder" a lot, the fact that you repeatedly use it implies one of two things, A: You were once mentally crushed by someone who used that on you, it was true and it stung like hell, now whenever in an argument when you "rage on" those words swirl the miniscule mushy matter that barely constitutes your brain. Or 2: you’re just unable to think beyond that last diss you heard on "desperate housewives"
probably due to the fact that you're a Mouth-Breather(tm). Seriously, is your life that bad and so devoid of meaningful companionship that you troll on the boards, not trying to positively interact with us (you know "normal"
people), but that you have to offend/solicit moneys even though EVERY ONE thinks you're a total asshat for doing so?

Okay I know that's a lot to process so let’s recap:
1; You are registered on the sex-offenders list correct? If not I'm sure you're violating at least 2 laws.

2; An e-tough guy(tm), wow you can threaten a girl, and have masturbatory delusions of fisticuffs with her husband, your beaten and battered wife/same-sex life partner must be soooo proud. As a matter of fact, your mom would be proud too...if she weren't hacked up in pieces and stored in your basement (no mommy I'm not a girl I won’t wear that dress!!! LET ME OUT OF THE CLOSET!!!).

Please post your Appearance/ Vehicle Make and model/ and what lot you pick up from, www.imageshack.us hosts pictures for free, taking into account that you might have to put the Twinkies down long enough to smile for the camera.
So I won't hold my breath on a pic.

3; Thank you, I will now print out this thread and show my children the absolute effects of how being a total sociopath is so harmful to the human psyche and human spirit... You shall forever become a mythical boogieman I will use when the kids don't want to share/ or play nicely.

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic